I saw the curves in my local t-mobile store. They were gonna sale it to me. but couldn't give me any discounts until today. But they are on sale today!
    09-22-07 11:53 AM
    You can also call customer service. They have 2 models, a gold and a titanium. I just ordered one, will be shipped on monday.
    09-22-07 12:23 PM
    Yeah I saw both of them at the store. Pretty cool. Which one did you order?
    09-22-07 12:42 PM
    I picked up an 8320 yesterday afternoon just before the Company email that told them not to sell. When I got home I attempted to connect to my @Home Hotspot. While the Curve found the router, it did not illuminate the UMA under the Wifi symbol to indicate Calls going out over WIFI. In fact, it kept searching for network. Took it back to store, associate looked up on their tech sheet and said a known issue had been posted. Disconnect the Wifi connection and reconnect. Went back home, did all that, still did not work. Went back to store (only 1 mile from home) and was told that there had been many complaints about this and a Company email was sent telling them to stop selling. Manager said going home to try his at his house and would contact me. His did not work at his house either. Call advance tech, spent 20 minutes troubleshooting, she told me to return phone. Went back to store, they asked that I wait till Monday and see if that made any difference. Went back home, still did not work. Went to a different store this morning, said that they were just released to sell today. Told them the story, changed phones, put in SIM card, IT WORKS JUST LIKE IT IS SUPPOSED TO. UMA SHOWING WITH SIGNAL STRENGTH BARS. This store also had 3 or 4 complaints from yesterday sales. Since they are located beside a Starbucks they are going to test every Curve they sell to ensure that the UMA is registering before the customer leaves. A lot of trouble and acknowledged known issues, but they solved my problem, I am at home and UMA is working perfectly. Just thought I would share with all of you because you have been waiting just like I have - this is my first Blackberry so I will be spending a lot of time this weekend learning new techniques.

Doublekk2
    09-22-07 12:53 PM
    Thanks for the info Steven, I was going to wait until Monday to order the phone. I just called T-mobile and odered one for my wife. It's funny, the women said that it only came in one color which was a blue-ish grey.
    09-22-07 12:57 PM
    Here are pictures of my new curve

09-22-07 03:45 PM
    They are also on T-Mobiles Website
    09-22-07 06:32 PM
    cant order mine until Monday when I go back to work bummer
    09-22-07 06:38 PM
    Did it with come a case?
    09-22-07 09:52 PM
    There is a case in the photo above; looks like an OEM...
    09-22-07 11:27 PM
    What part of the county are you in I check my T-mobile store today an nothing in the store on the 8320 nor where the sales people giving information on it as well just checked the T-mobile web site an the 8320 is not on there what gives?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-07 12:36 AM
    I got mine today! I live in So, Cal. OC area. I got it activated and the wi-fi works great. I sat at Starbucks using the phone for an hour. I’m trying the phone out. I currently have Verizon, and I don't like there 8830 BB. What sold me is that you can use the Wi-Fi feature, and add the @home for $10, and you can use your phone unlimited. It doesn't take away from your cell min. That is way cool. Since, I am always in a hot spot area that is going to save my lots of $$$. As long a T Mo has good coverage, I will switch completely at the end of my 30 days. The phone is cool. Great features.
    09-23-07 12:58 AM
    What part of the county are you in I check my T-mobile store today an nothing in the store on the 8320 nor where the sales people giving information on it as well just checked the T-mobile web site an the 8320 is not on there what gives?

i just ordered mine from customer support this morning. They gave me a price and everything. Ill give a rundown on what i was told.(got a gold curve by the way and ill record the unboxing and post it..why because its my first BB and im truly excited.

Here it goes:

Without Contract
    One Year
    $349.99 with rebate
    Two Year
    249.99w/rebate

i got a 2 year because i had to reup on the contract.
    09-23-07 10:10 AM

I live in NY and most stores have them instock. The phone is not on the website yet, you have to go into your t-mobile account on the website and you will see it on the upgrade page.
    09-23-07 10:21 AM
    Yes, it comes with a case. More of a sleeve than a case and it has to be worn on a belt - has a belt loop - that is all. My phone is working great except I have no option for email and cannot figure out how to set it up. There is no information on the website as of yet and I cannot choose this phone as my phone on mytmobile. I will have to wait until tomorrow I guess.

Doublekk2
    09-23-07 11:48 AM
    Yes thats my Blackberry and it comes with a case and it's sooooo awesome!

I also have the doc that says that t-mobile store were instructed to sale the New curve on 09/22/07. It's a pretty good article
    Last edited by anon(153966); 09-23-07 at 06:47 PM.
    09-23-07 06:26 PM
    They Also Have OEM Faceplates too!
    09-23-07 06:50 PM
    Ordered mine last night and I hope to be impressed since I'm dumping my beloved SK3. I should receive it by Wednesday and I cannot wait lol.
    09-23-07 08:02 PM
    Ordered mine yesterday from customer care. told me i should get it by wed
    09-23-07 10:17 PM
    Hey guys,
    Got mine yesterday LOVING the Wi-fi calling costing no minutes. Although those long-distance charges that I thought I was avoiding are kicking the price of my bill up! Let this be a warning, it takes no mins from your plan, but if you use long-distance, the system WILL bill you at the going rate (20 cents/min for me).

Just thought you should know.

-Marcus
    09-23-07 10:57 PM
    If you are using the Hotspot @ Home add-on, you should have free nationwide calling when you are on UMA.

How are you getting charged long distance???
    09-23-07 11:26 PM
    yeah thats wierd. could be a service area thing..but highly doubtlful..
    09-23-07 11:41 PM
    Just ordered mine!!! SA, TX. Express Delivery is just not fast enough!!!
    09-24-07 02:01 PM
    So far, so good. I switched over from AT&T to T-Mobile. Why? AT&T: dropped calls (boatloads of 'em) and 8820: no VOICE over UMA. With T-mobile, customer support has been very good, very friendly. Outlook had all my essential info in it (calendar, addresses, memo pads), so it moved it right over to the 8320, no problem. Voice over UMA has been cool. The idea that it does not count against my minutes and is readily accessible at Starbucks is cool. So far, I am happy.
    09-24-07 03:01 PM
    There is no billing for long distance if your calls are going out over UMA or an @hotspot location. I have had this service since the day it came out and have never had a charge for long distance and I use over 3,000 minutes per month - nor are the minutes charged to your plan. Just thought I would clarify it for those that have not been using the service for any length of time.
    09-24-07 04:56 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD