I recently upgraded my Blackberry Pearl to a Blackberry Curve through Verizon Wireless. On the Pearl, my MSN email account was automatically synched on the handheld when I deleted emails on my desktop. On the Curve, this does not occur. What does work is if I delete on my handset, the email will be deleted on my desktop, but not the other way around. What is happening? I have researched this for a week since I've switch and have been unable to figure it out. I did notice that on my account page there isn't an option to check off at the end of my MSN account listing to synch deleted email like I do for my work email account. Somebody please help since I get about 100 emails everyday and have to do twice the work to delete them all.

Thanks
    07-22-09 07:28 AM
    The opnly way it would sync from the BB to desktop mail was if your pearl was on BIS, have you set the curve on bis, or still personal? if its personal you cant delete from the desktop and expect it to see from the BB.

On the BB, make sure under messages, options, email reconciliation

Delete on : prompt

on conflict : mailbox wins

Now, in the berry when you want to delete mass from there AND the desktop, highlight the ones you want to delete, meny key, delete, and you get a pop up, MailBox and Handheld, Handheld only, and i forget the last, if you choose mailbox and handheld, they delete from both places.
    You can do the same with iindiv. messages on the berry also, highlight the msg, menu key, delete, and again the pop up will display.
    07-22-09 07:33 AM
    I meant on BES, not bis.. thru your work is BES.. BIS is personal
    07-22-09 07:37 AM
    Hi,

Same problem for me.
    Anything updated on my handset replicates on the desktop, but any desktop changes are not shown on the device.

Also, if move an email into folder via desktop this does not change on the handset. So if i then delete on handset it deletes on desktop too even though the email was moved from inbox. So i move an email on the desktop, then delete it from the handset as no longer want to see it.

Is this just the way it works? Would i need BES to have two way inbox synchronisation?

Thanks
    T
    04-20-12 09:58 AM
    Any thoughts on my last post?

Is it working as designed? Is the communication/update from handset to mailbox only and not vice versa?

Thanks
    05-11-12 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD