I had a blackberry curve 8330. Loved it! but tried to update the os via desktop manager and it said it failed to install the new firmware and something about a fatal error. It wiped out everything and left my BB pretty useless. I got a new one and now am afraid to use desktop manager with it because I am new to blackberries and feel it might do the same thing.....My question is: Is there a certain blackberry desktop manager software to use specifically for Blackberry Curve 8330? I just like to have all the right software so it don't screw up again...
    04-22-09 04:53 PM
    Try becoming a little more family with the phone before you try upgrading the OS. As far as specific software just for 8330 I don't believe there is.
    04-22-09 05:11 PM
    yes I agree with post #2 a 100%
    04-22-09 05:16 PM
    There isn't anything spectacular with the upgrade that I've seen. I agree, get used to the OS on it now.
    04-22-09 06:02 PM
    I had a blackberry curve 8330. Loved it! but tried to update the os via desktop manager and it said it failed to install the new firmware and something about a fatal error. It wiped out everything and left my BB pretty useless. I got a new one and now am afraid to use desktop manager with it because I am new to blackberries and feel it might do the same thing.....My question is: Is there a certain blackberry desktop manager software to use specifically for Blackberry Curve 8330? I just like to have all the right software so it don't screw up again...
    I would go ahead and get the DM on your computer. Use 4.6 without media manager. Get used to backing up your BB...it's easy and safe. When you are comfortable with this then you can graduate to other things, but run with the OS you have for now. Hopefully, it is a 4.5 version.
    04-22-09 06:16 PM
    thanks i_hiker.i will try that. all of you thanks for useful info as i am a newbie.
    04-22-09 06:30 PM
    Yeah, #2 is on point... Spend some time understanding how the 8330 is setup to work and def read through the updating 101 posts in crackberry before upgrading OS. And def get used to using DM to backup, its saved me one too many times!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 07:22 PM
    this is a great idea to back up all your info. I guess I might learn the hard way since I'm currently upgrading my OS to V4.5 and I did NOT back up my info. crossing my fingers.
    04-22-09 07:29 PM
    You realy can't kill a BlackBerry on a OS update.
    Just google "unbrick a BlackBerry"

If it fails you can use JL_cmder to wipe it clean and then reload the OS again. But make sure you choose the option to backup your data befor any OS update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD