I used this video to disassemble my curve, it was semi difficult, I felt like the cover would break a few times. The only thing I didn't do was use the PDA opener tool. You don't have to use the tool, but now I have tiny gouges on the sides of my faceplate.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/v/iiIl19G74C0
    Last edited by pepsijunky; 08-09-07 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Fix Link
    08-08-07 03:31 PM
    I fixed your link. FYI, HTML code is turned off, so no you can't embed videos.
    08-08-07 04:50 PM
    Sweet, I'm going to take my apart later to clean the screen as well as put some stuff in there to seal it so no more dust can get in. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.
    08-08-07 08:26 PM
    Impressive!
    08-09-07 06:44 AM
    The video was good. I would have a hard time taking apart any of my electronis though. I would be afraid I wouldn't know how to put them back together.
    08-09-07 07:43 AM
    Well, I got have way taking it apart yesterday, and I didn't get done cause the top plastic was fragile and didnt want to break it, so I'm either going to buy that tool or find some equvilant to it. I'll keep ya'll posted.
    08-09-07 04:39 PM
    I used a mini flat head screwdriver to get mine open, that's why I had small gouges in my faceplate from twisting the screwdriver. I know exactly what you mean about the fragile feeling, I just went for it since I was already there. Oh yeah, I also ordered a new faceplate which now will be a back-up i guess.
    08-09-07 04:47 PM
    I used a mini flat head screwdriver to get mine open, that's why I had small gouges in my faceplate from twisting the screwdriver. I know exactly what you mean about the fragile feeling, I just went for it since I was already there. Oh yeah, I also ordered a new faceplate which now will be a back-up i guess.
    Yea, thats excatly what I didn't want to do I almost gouged the face plate with my finger nails so let along a mini flat head. Did you find any way to stuff anytype of seal foam strip type thing in there to make it not have dust on the screen? from the video there seems to be quiet a few places where u can make it work.

BTW, i got bored and went to the store and got my replaced again lol. I think they banned me from trying to do another return, they said I can't do anymore since this is my 2nd time. I was tempted to swap it out for the Iphone and after messing with the keyboard, i really dislike not having tactile feedback.
    08-09-07 10:07 PM
    I just got my case in the mail Sunday and it is tremendous, they do such a good job of creating the perfect case that also fits perfectly. Hopefully this will end the dust problem and settle my OCD.
    08-14-07 09:59 AM
    That looks pretty simple...I have only had my phone 2 days and already got a few little particles on the screen and its already driving me nuts! Does anyone make replacement faceplates/housings? Ive seen the snap together cases on ebay, but didnt know if those helped at all or protected the screen more?
    Last edited by Conceptr6; 08-15-07 at 03:25 PM.
    08-15-07 03:19 PM
    08-15-07 03:31 PM
    has anyone figuered out what Yota wanted to try in that adding the paddings to stop the dust?

Yota, have you had any luck with that?
    08-27-07 02:07 PM
    My 3 faceplates came in today.
    04-19-08 04:34 PM
    I used a credit card and guitar pick to pry off the faceplate...verrry, verry slowly...it was tedious....but no marks in the end.
    04-19-08 10:45 PM
    The tool is wonderful! I was able to pick up a 8pc torx set plus faceplate removal tool for $8 on amazon.
    06-15-08 11:18 PM
    The tool is wonderful! I was able to pick up a 8pc torx set plus faceplate removal tool for $8 on amazon.
    I agree that using that tool helps! I made note of it in my photo website on doing the faceplate.

Crimsom Red faceplate install procedure for Blackberry Curve
    06-16-08 06:18 PM
    Thanks...I found it...$7.99 + $4.98 S&H...$12.97 total...looks like a good set for that price. I just ordered one myself!
    06-18-08 11:11 AM
    link doesnt work for me
    06-18-08 11:28 AM
    The only thing I didn't do was use the PDA opener tool. You don't have to use the tool, but now I have tiny gouges on the sides of my faceplate.
    Not using the tool is WHY you have tiny gouges on the sides of your faceplate.

I made note of that in my faceplate guide... very important!
    Crimsom Red faceplate install procedure for Blackberry Curve
    06-18-08 02:17 PM
    Sweet, I'm going to take my apart later to clean the screen as well as put some stuff in there to seal it so no more dust can get in. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.
    You know, big lots usually has this really soft weather stripping material. You can cut it and even cut it with a razor very easily to make it fit and seal anything. Its also really nice to put on things to reduce vibration.
    03-15-09 08:19 PM
    Nice vid. but i'd be scared to take apart my 8330. i'll let the professionas do that or just buy a new one lmao
    03-15-09 08:36 PM
    Dang... it broke my heart to see the little 8300 disappearing... lol

I dont know if I would have the heart to do it, leave it to the pros!
    03-15-09 08:51 PM
    You all said it, I have taken apart probably 300 different models in my life. And to prevent gouging my beautiful 8330 I fixed a lifelong nail biting problem. Now since I let them grow they are extremely strong and make my life better for real. I would try that, or once i coated a metal screwdrive with epoxy and then filed it a bit. This tool works wonders for me. Try it out.
    03-16-09 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD