My Curve completely died on me. It was in my pocket with half a charge and when I pulled it out it was dead. There is no response when I plug it in the charger or my computer. It's only 3 months old. I have charged both my main battery and my backup on a older Curve so I know the batteries are good. When I put them in my 8530 there is nothing.

Any ideas on what the problem is or how to fix it?
    11-27-10 02:18 AM
    Is there any led indication when the battery is placed into the 8530? Any red blinking or solid light?
    11-27-10 02:21 AM
    Try going through this thread and see if you can fix your Blackberry:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    11-27-10 02:25 AM
    Is there any led indication when the battery is placed into the 8530? Any red blinking or solid light?
    Nope. No sign of life whatsoever, except it is warm when the battery is in the phone and it's draining the battery. When I took the battery out this morning and tried another battery, it was dead (the battery in the Curve).

The backup battery has been in the phone for about 20 minutes now and it's warm again. I tried throwing it on the charger overnight thinking that might wake it up but nothing.

Also, sorry for putting this topic in the wrong forum. I just realized it. I started the thread in the middle of the night after spending hours reading threads and google topics trying to fix it.
    11-27-10 03:14 PM
    The warmth is a sign excessive battery drainage is taking place.

If there is no LED response with a charged battery that suggests there is a failure in the power supply chipset, on the logic board.

That would be covered on your warranty.

11-27-10 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD