Hey guys, I've had my blackberry for a day and was disappointed with it (or maybe I just really missed my moguls touch screen and opera mobile (not opera mini), but since downloading bolt and slaker radio its really growing on me. My biggest gripe so far is whenever i'm in a call i can receive a text msg but when i try to send one it says failed, but goes thru once i hang up. Now I've been able to text and talk on the phone at the same time for years, is this a known issue or just my handset. Thanks for reading and your comments.
    04-08-09 11:40 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry CAGE

I have had many many different phone over the years including touch screens but by far the BB is hands down # 1. You wont be disappointed
    As for your question about texting and calling I am vague about what exactly you are asking. Do you mean being on speakerphone and then sending a document to the caller at the same time ?
    04-09-09 12:02 AM
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm referring to just being on a call whether it be speaker phone or not, receiving a regular txt msg from a friend and just replying with a regular text. For some reason I can receive the txt msg but can't send while in a call, which i find odd cause I've been able to do that on every phone I've ever had
    04-09-09 12:05 AM
    Ok if while you are in the call push the menu key ( 7 dots ) you can do things like confrence call, speakerphone ... one of them is view messages which takes you to your text's. Honestly I have never done that but I will try that out tomorrow. I THINK that's what you want.

If anyone else has anymore imput jump right in
    04-09-09 12:12 AM
    Well actually I know how to get to the screen to send the text msg, but when I send one it beeps about 3 times then say "sent failed" but when I hang up it goes thru, so I'm thinking you can't be on the phone and send a text, which will be a real downer, I've been able to do that for the past 5+ years
    04-09-09 12:15 AM
    I have not had that problem at all with text messages. I have been on a bluetooth and sent texts all while being on the phone.
    04-09-09 12:15 AM
    Hum .....so it is like it will only do one action or the other but not both at the same time. CAGE if no one has answered your question before the morning I will find out if this can be done. Like I said I have never actually done this before but I am a sponge for info when it comes to blackberry's.

Cheers !!!
    04-09-09 12:23 AM
    Boom have you ever done this with just the phone and not on bt ?
    04-09-09 12:25 AM
    I appreciate your help, thank you
    04-09-09 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD