I just got my new Blackberry and I can;t seem to load applications like Opera Mini

I downloaded the newest desktop manager thing and updated the firmware for the phone.

When I find the .alx thing and click ok in the loader, it always says no more applications found or something like that.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?
    10-09-08 01:44 AM
    Have you installed the Operating System for your phone onto
    your computer. Not doing so is usually where that error comes
    from.

If you have installed one of the 4.5 OS's from another carrier, did
    you delete the vendor.xml file as the instructions detail?
    10-09-08 01:58 AM
    I didnt install the 4.5 on and yes I did install the OS onto the computer. Ive got the desktop software 4.3
    and the OS is 4.3.0.147

I just reinstalled everythingand it still doesn't work

O yea and also, I'm on the sprint SERO plan and can I se the Black berry browser without goin g ont he BB server and if not is that free or do I have to pay extra. BTW the browser icon was never there either lol
    Last edited by xlin58; 10-09-08 at 01:14 PM.
    10-09-08 01:12 PM
    My desktop manager software that I have is 4.6 try to update desktop manager and try again. I usually know when a new version comes out because it will do that. If you also go into desktop manager and go to help you can search for that error. It will tell you that you are trying to load an app that is not desined for your phone. So it is one or the other that is causing this.
    10-09-08 02:35 PM
    As far as the browser if you have the BB pack which is $30 added then your web access is unlimited. If you don't then you will have to pay per kb that you use.

For the browser icon issue make sure your service books have been pushed then go to

Options/advance/host routing table/register

You will then get a confirmation that you have registered successfully. You may also have to re provision your phone like I had to. I had to call CS for that.
    10-09-08 02:39 PM
    Im not familiar with sprint plans. is the SERo plan a bb data plan??
    10-09-08 02:53 PM
    SERO is sprints employee friends and family plan and I get unlimited data, messaging etc with 500 minutes. I don't plan on getting the Blackberry service thing so Ill just use Opera mini and stuff. So you cant confgure the blackberry browser to go through a differnet server than the blackberry one?

I'll try updating my desktop stuff etc when I get home.

I actually did install 4.6 for the desktop manager. and still not wokring
    Last edited by xlin58; 10-09-08 at 06:14 PM.
    10-09-08 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD