Hello all. Has anyone ever taken apart a Verizon 8330 Curve to make repairs. Some of the buttons on the keypad are starting to wear away and I can see specs of light coming through. I was wondering how hard it is to take one of these apart and repace the keypad. I will probably replace as many pieces as possible to make it new again. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I just want to know what I am getting myself in to. Thanks to everyone out there!!!!
    08-08-09 01:16 AM
    There are several different sites available that have different parts. Just be real careful taking it apart.. Replacing the keypad itself should be fairly simple though.
    08-08-09 01:18 AM
    Here's a tutorial showing the process. Main thing is you have the proper tools (T5, T6 torx screwdriver, etc.)

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/hous...change-201687/

Watch out for the headphone jack, don't loosen or take off the side rails if you can avoid it. Many have ended up with a dead jack after changing/opening their housing.

Also, someone said don't use alcohol on the plastic lens like the tutorial advises, the lens may become cloudy.
    08-08-09 03:24 AM
    It's extremely simple to dismantle and re-assemble as long as you have the right Torx (T5 & T6) screwdrivers.

Go to Cellular Nationwide Network - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson, Nokia, Tools, BlackBerry, to order parts. Great trustworty OEM supplier in Hong Kong. Just search cnn.cn on here to find numerous glowing reviews.

They have the aforementioned specialty screwdrivers, both black and silver keyboards, trackballs in several colours, and at least 5 colours of 8330 housings.

Plus there are tutorial videos roght on their website.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 03:50 AM
    Blackberry Parts, BlackBerry Curve Parts, Blackberry Pearl Parts, Blackberry Bold Parts

Is another source of keypads.

08-08-09 05:39 AM
    my 8830 blackberry keypads are not responding at all, does anyone had similar problems before?
    08-09-09 08:19 PM
    Anna, that is usually due to liquid/moisture damage to the keypad area.

08-09-09 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD