I just got my Curve and I have no idea what I'm doing!?!?!

Does BlackBerry Messenger work or do I have to install it? I've already added some people but one of my friends sent me a link to download it and I did(even though I thought I already had it) and it says,

"Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry Messenger for Software version 4.0 and 4.1"

The screen before this message said,

"Important: BlackBerry Messenger is only available for Java based BlackBerry devices. Your BB device must connect to your computer via USB in order to download BBM and must have BB Device Software version 3.6 or higher installed...."

What do I do? I already connected it via USB and downloaded what I thought was what I was suppose to be downloading and still I'm getting the same message. This is my first issue with the BB and I'm confused. I need some help from the hardcores.

Where can I download any software I need for the Curve 8330(sometimes I just see 8320)?

What do I need to download if I'm a new BB user?

Thanks!

BB NOOB
    09-14-09 03:03 PM
    Do you have a data plan? BBM is usually preinstalled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 03:22 PM
    Do you have a data plan? BBM is usually preinstalled.

Yes I do. That is what I thought. But a friend sent me a link to download maybe the new version of it or something and I keep getting that message. Not sure why this is happening.
    09-14-09 03:25 PM
    Go to options/advanced options/applications. Do you see BBM as one of the apps installed?

09-14-09 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD