I got my first Crackberry today. God help me. Everything seems so foreign! When I hit the earth/browser button all that comes up is a screen that says Services/email accounts and then Settings/languages, services books, create user name. How in the heck do I get to the internet? I should have asked the salesman at Verizon. I am so incredibly confused right now. I have followed the instructions in the booklet but I am not getting the screen they say I should get when I hit the browser. Anyone have any idea what I can do? Thanks so much!
    04-14-09 07:31 PM
    You default page is set to Verizon BIS login.

Hit menu and select go to. then type in your page address.

Also check the link in my signature for blackberry 101 help.
    04-14-09 07:38 PM
    Yikes. Now when I hit browser I get 12 boxes that say news, sports, weather, get apps, connect, VZ navigator, VZW tones, etc. None of these are getting me where I need to go. When I hit menu before I did not get the option for "go to." Any suggestions? If not, I will go to Verizon tomorrow to see what the heck is going on. I should have had him show me when I was at the store.
    04-14-09 07:56 PM
    Sounds like you are accessing the web ok. Hit menu-options-cache operations-clear your cache.

Then hit menu-close.

Do: options (on home screen)-advanced options-host routing table-menu-register now.
    Back out to your home screen again.

Then click on the globe icon again and try menu-go to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 08:00 PM
    Yes, this is what you need to do. Remove the battery while the device is ON, wait a minute and replace. When you open the browser icon and hit the menu button(button to left of trackball) you should have the "Go To" option now...
    04-14-09 08:01 PM
    Ha, yes, that was going to be my last resort advice!

What SD said!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 08:03 PM
    It's a Verizon thing, when you first activate a BB, when you open the browser the "Go To" option is not there. A battery pull gives it to you...
    04-14-09 08:08 PM
    It's a Verizon thing
    Man if I had a 1.00 for every time I heard that lol
    04-14-09 08:13 PM
    Man if I had a 1.00 for every time I heard that lol
    Hahaha, I hear ya J...
    04-14-09 08:15 PM
    You guys ROCK! Thank you SO much! Worked like a charm!
    04-14-09 08:18 PM
    You guys ROCK! Thank you SO much! Worked like a charm!
    Great good to hear.

Welcome to Crackberry By the way!!!!
    04-14-09 08:21 PM
    Thank you. My Verizon rep highly recommended the site and you guys proved to be a great help! Thanks so much!
    04-14-09 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD