Hi All,

I bought BB 8320 a few days back. This is my first. I am trying to learn as I have always used Nokia before.

I was told that crackberry is the best site with best/helpful people who are actually experts on BBs.

I need some help from you guys. And I'll be bothering you all for awhile. Hope you wont mind

1) I find curve 8320 a lil slow. Plz give me a few tips. Not the ones mentioned on the wed like deleting event log or limiting appointments to 15 days. Speed is of primary importance for me. Even a nano second maters!

2) Browsing is also slow. A lot slow Plz tell me how to increase it over wifi. By the way I am using an unlocked BB. I have disabled javascripts (as advised on a website) but still there is no improvement as such.

3) Thirdly I want some very cool themes on my BB. Plz tell me how to get a few.

4) And lastly (for now), is there any application to auto lock the keypad (in a similar fashion as it is on all the Nokia Phones)

Many Thanks
    Z
    03-22-09 02:00 PM
    1 and 2 seem like a carrier thing, not a BB thing, however, depends on how many apps you have installed also that are constantly running.

Free BlackBerry Themes | Blackberry Storm Themes | Blackberry Bold Themes
    PimpMyBerry! - Pimp Your BlackBerry!

4 - autolock and autostandby will help, you need to do a search either here or google for the apps, they are also avail in the CB store.
    03-22-09 02:17 PM
    Thanks. couldnt find anything relevant on autolock. can you plz give me an exact link.

regarding point # 1, i dont think it has anything to do with carrier. its a pure hardware/software thing of BB itself.

tell me a few more link for themes where i dont have to pay anything.

Guys help me out here, plz!
    03-23-09 12:36 AM
    Thanks. couldnt find anything relevant on autolock. can you plz give me an exact link.

regarding point # 1, i dont think it has anything to do with carrier. its a pure hardware/software thing of BB itself.

tell me a few more link for themes where i dont have to pay anything.

Guys help me out here, plz!
    What are you comparing your BB to when you say it's slow? I agree with Rachel that it's less hardware and more TMO. For instance if you try web browsing using WiFi rather than EDGE, it is much faster. Here's the complete wifi guide:http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/
    03-23-09 07:28 AM
    i'll give an example when i say its slow. when i click keyboard lock icon on the home screen, an hour glass appears and stays there for 2-3 seconds. isnt that slow?

similarly when i click the camera icon, it takes 3-4 seconds to open the camera.

i find it slow. is that normal for BB?
    03-23-09 11:19 AM
    The first link pertains to blackberry pearl
    The second pertains to BB7130 and 8100
    The third link doesnt say for which BB the autolock is
    03-23-09 11:23 AM
    i'll give an example when i say its slow. when i click keyboard lock icon on the home screen, an hour glass appears and stays there for 2-3 seconds. isnt that slow?

similarly when i click the camera icon, it takes 3-4 seconds to open the camera.

i find it slow. is that normal for BB?
    I don't think that's normal. Getting the hourglass means something else is going on.
    03-23-09 12:08 PM
    There are several posts on CrackBerry that address speed issues. Try doing a search on speeding up the Curve. I'm not sure what apps you already have installed, but some of them can be configured to automatically check online for updates on a pretty frequent basis. If you have any of those, you may want to either turn off those auto checks or increase the gap between checks to several hours. Also, do you know if you have any apps that are always open? Hold down your menu key and you'll be able to scroll through a list of open applications. The core BlackBerry apps are always open (Messages, BlackBerry Messenger, Phone, Browser, & Home Screen), but if there's anything else that shows up in the list, close it. Those apps are eating up memory.

Also, you should try upgrading your OS (assuming you're not on the latest). I now have a Storm (smile), and the latest OS (4.7.0.114) is much faster than what I had! Browsing on T-Mobile's Curve is not 3G, so don't expect any miracles- even when using WiFi. But there are things that you can do to speed it up a bit.
    03-23-09 12:57 PM
    I havent installed a single application yet. Only the applications you (kthhrrsn) have mentioned are running. i think my OS is 4.5.0.81.
    03-24-09 12:04 AM
    Menu key? Which is the menu key?
    04-26-09 08:44 AM
    I just got a 8320 which is my first blackberry. its becoming my best friend. I Personally dont find anything really slow about mine. As i have been reading the crackberry forums things to boost speed would be deleting any unused apps and upgrading the OS system and try getting a memory card.
    04-26-09 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD