Like many on this forum, I'm on the fence between waiting for the Javelin or picking up an 8320 at the great prices they are at now.

I have a few questions for BB Curve 8320 Owners:

• How is the durability? i.e. paint coming off on keys, etc..

• I realize that the 8320 does not have GPS but how does the GPS work on Blackberries in general? Is it the same as a car GPS?

• Theres a few people in my office still using the BB 8700g and are very happy with it. Would you consider the 8320 towards the end of its useful lifespan or would you say it has enough processing power to last another 2 years or so?

Thanks!
    10-30-08 09:55 PM
    I can speak to some of the durability issues with the Curve.

The keyboard in not showing any sings of wear but the rubber based paint used on the top rail is wearing off. Interesting though, the similar paint used on the side rails that get more handling is intact. It is a minor peeling, nothing that is likely to affect the usefulness of the device.

The Curve is in the prime of it's life now, the new device software is a midlife refresh that has added additional capabilities. You will be seeing plenty of Curves for years to come.
    10-31-08 11:07 AM
    I learned you cant wash one on extended cycle in the washer with your jeans.
    10-31-08 12:07 PM
    I am weighing out the same. I want a 8330, but the Javelin would be SO SWEET. So, do I wait indefinitely for the Javelin, or just succumb to the Curve for the next 2 years.

I won't buy a BB if I am not eligible for renewal pricing, so it'd be a 2 year (well, 20 months or whatever for Verizon) wait.

I am thinking I'll go for the 8330 very soon.
    10-31-08 12:55 PM
    The curve is a great device, and is definitely not going anywhere. It is going to be around for years to come. I have an 8320, and I absolutely love it. I have no intention of getting rid of it at any point in the near future. Hopefully I can make it until the end of my contract, but I tend to want a new phone every year or so. Just got this one in July.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 12:55 PM
    Thanks for the replies, additional are welcome.

I went to a T-Mobile store today and tried out the Curve 8320 and found it to be easy to use. The Internet wasn't as fast as I thought it would be but it was adequate. They also had a few demo G1s that were nonfunctional but I did't like them as much as the Curve. I found the keyboard to be harder to use on the G1 and I wasn't so crazy about how the screen flips out.

The rep told me that the Samsung T919 is due to be released really soon and that I may want to wait for that.

I also tried an iPhone at another store and found that the easist to use out of them all but I'm now thinking if I liked the Curve 8320 then I'll most definitely like the 8900 Javelin.
    10-31-08 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD