Hey guys!
    about two months ago I traded my G1 for my brothers BB Pearl Flip. The phone was working perfectly, but I was dead set on getting a Curve. So after about four days we went and traded the Flip for a Curve 8320. From the very first day I got it the hourglass began popping up (for a couple of mins at first). I figured it was because it was a new phone and whatnot. Eventually the damned hourglass would pop up once or twice a day but would not go away. I would have to take the battery out for a few mins, otherwise the hourglass would keep spinning and spinning until my battery died. Again, it would happen once or twice a day, if I was REALLY lucky it would be fine for two days at a time.

Within the past couple days the hourglass is constantly there. most of the time it'll flash a bit then go away for a few seconds or until i press something. Extremely annoying. Last night I was able to successsfully send out four whole text messages in a two hour period. It's ridiculous. If the hourglass isn't spinning in the center of my screen, it'll begin to as soon as i move the trackball.

I've heard people say it's the facebook app, but even if it was, the phone won't let me so much as move the trackball, much less CLICK on something. I've wiped the phone clean (when it was still functioning on a semi-daily basis), I've deleted most of my apps, taking the battery out doesn't seem to work anymore because as soon as i put it back in it goes into a dimly lit screen, again, with the STUPID (can you tell i hate the hourglass?) hourglass spinning and spinning for about ten mins before spriging back to life. only to show me my wallpaper with a spinning hourglass in the center.

PLEASE HELP ME! THIS PHONE HAS VERY IMPORTANT DATES AND I PRETTY MUCH WORK STRAIGHT OFF OF IT! ANY AND ALL COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED! thank you in advance<3
    09-28-09 06:15 PM
    What OS are you running? When I first got my Curve it came with 4.3 and the exact same thing you were describing was happening until I installed the latest OS
    09-28-09 06:26 PM
    The hourglass tends to show up a lot when you are low on memory. What is your File Free at? You can find this out by going to Options > Status or pressing Alt + Left Shift + H. The reccomended number for your Blackberry to function properly is 12,XXX,XXX. If it is below this, or even if it isn't, go here - http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    - for some tips on memory optimization.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 07:00 PM
    thanks for the advice guys! what i did yesterday was get a new battery. and voila! it was working like it never had a problem in the first place then three hours later, my best friend, the hourglass, showed his ugly face.

thanks for the link on how to increase the free memory! right now it's at 11349945 bytes

Right now i'm running 4.5...
    09-29-09 02:26 PM
    thanks for the advice guys! what i did yesterday was get a new battery. and voila! it was working like it never had a problem in the first place then three hours later, my best friend, the hourglass, showed his ugly face.

thanks for the link on how to increase the free memory! right now it's at 11349945 bytes

Right now i'm running 4.5...
    Yep. You are going to want to follow some of the tips in that link. As your memory gets lower and lower the device will begin deleting messages, emails, BBMs, etc on its own to free up space.
    Also, make sure you are closing out apps properly. Menu > Close or pressing the back key will close most apps so that they are not continuously running in the background. To check which apps are running press and hold Alt then press the back key. There should only be five applications that run at all times; Phone, Browser, Messages, Home, BBM, (and MyFaves if you are on T-Mobile and have it on your phone). If there are any more than that, make sure you close the extras because over time they can drain your memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 04:20 PM
    Sirs! Is it true that facebook mobile will not work on os 4-4.5 unless you are on a data subscription(postpaid/plan) even though you have wifi. .
    05-06-13 06:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD