Hello blackberry user,

Last year a week before I deployed Iraq I had bought a blackberry curve 8320 from blue harbor online. After three days of my blackberry working perfect, I was on my couch watching the news and I happened to look at my curve flashing red led so I thought I received a message. So I picked the BB up and all I see is three red led flashes with white screen, then black screen. This cycle continued for about 5 min before i did a batter pull. When I put the battery back in the bb did not power on. I press the power button. The BB seemed complete dead no led, screen, sound, nothing. let me make this clear NO POWER WHAT SO EVER. Now let me tell you what I have tried;

charged the battery with phone also tried external battery charger,
    new battery,
    connected to computer (Pc does not recognize bb at all)
    tried wiping with (javaloader, doesn't pick up device),
    read forum how to reload nuked BB.

Anyone has any suggestion? (keep in mind my blackberry curve shows no sign of life)

what will prevent my BB from powering up? anyone good with electronic circuit board? or blackberry internal hardware?

any help well be great.
    I currently have a storm but I still love the curve
    thanks

JONY
    06-25-09 01:35 PM
    Contact the seller, the fact that your device failed after 3 days is unacceptable. If it failed so soon after you got it, there is probably something wrong with it, and it will likely happen again.

I've heard of things like this happening after the BB is dropped, where apparently something internal gets out of whack. So the fix is to drop it from a slight distance, perhaps on a vinyl floor, to "jar" the BB internals back into sorts. Someone else's BB showed signs of life after he got frustrated and slammed it on the table.

Like I said, if you can get it out of whack and back every time it is bumped hard, you probably don't want this sort of BB that has probably had a past life of abuse.

Contact the seller and try to get an exchange or a refund.

Edit: I just reread your post. I realize now that you purchased the Curve over a year ago so the return option isn't available.
    Last edited by xliderider; 06-25-09 at 02:02 PM.
    06-25-09 01:51 PM
    I'm sure i didn't drop it, but I never know it was shipped to germany so anyone could have dropped the box or the seller might have dropped while unlocking the BB.

I not sure I wanna try dropping just yet lol. but it does sound possible. I still have 1 month left I might call RIM for my limited warranty service program if i can't get anything to work.

thanks
    06-25-09 02:03 PM
    If you have any warranty left on the device, I advise you to use it. Even a refurbed device would be better than a device in your condition.
    06-25-09 02:05 PM
    I guess your right. I'll call tomorrow and post a status. just incase anyone wants to know.
    06-25-09 02:12 PM
    So, I decided to call rim right away they are very helpful but I am not covered my limited warranty since I got my blackberry from a third party since and not by to the service provider to which my curve and warranty was originally sold to, which is t-mobile.

but i can do a out of warranty repair with rim through some contract they have with tmobile and cost about a one time fee of $149 no matter what the problem as long as my device has no water damage the catch they re-lock the device to t-mobile, which mean I will have to get it unlock once I get it fixed, or I can do an exchange with rim for refurbrished bb curve for $250...... BOO to both that is unless I can't find a solution.
    06-25-09 02:40 PM
    I might just take xliderider suggestion and drop it. lol
    but no, really I am thinking of it
    06-25-09 02:45 PM
    Sorry to hear about your warranty situation. I kind of suspected that that would be the case, unfortunately.

I didn't know they had the other repair and replace options though. That would have been good if the Curve were your primary BB, but kind of steep for a backup phone.
    06-25-09 02:58 PM
    really steep, i already paid 500 for the curve so no more money for that. but I might just report blue harbor online for failing to comply to there return policy. I even have all the email between me and the company when I first bought the phone back in july 08. even when they stop replying to my email. I felt almost as if they were trying to stall, just until the return policy expired for my purchase damn them.

well anyways thanks for you suggestions, but if you or anyone else has anything else I can try before I try to open this BB up and attempt to repair or drop it on the ground feel free to reply...

thank you
    06-25-09 03:08 PM
    Try taking the battery out and cleaning the contacts on the battery and phone with a pink pencil eraser. Buff them lightly till they are shiny.

Make sure the battery is making good, solid contact with the contacts in the BB. If you have to, wedge a piece of cardstock (business card, index card) in between the battery and phone on the opposite end of the contacts to force a nice tight connection with the battery.

See if that helps, you might have to leave it on the charger for a few hours before your BB shows any signs of life.
    06-25-09 03:14 PM
    I going to try to clean the contacts and see if it will charge overnight hopefully shows sign of life tomorrow morning.
    06-25-09 04:02 PM
    Damn, still no signs of life. maybe if I open this thing up and test a couple component with a multimeter I can figure out why the bb is not powering up.
    06-26-09 12:19 AM
    When computer doesn't recognize USB (apploader doesn't give you usb:unkown, etc) but if you take battery out and plug in and led lights up (but still nothing), could be usb port isn't properly soldered to the board. You will void your warranty and probably ruin your blackberry but if its ruined anyway, etc... Try this as a last resort
    07-04-09 07:18 PM
    I dont get any signs of life not even led when plugged in to computer w/out battery
    07-05-09 07:25 AM
    One thing to check if you going to take the device apart. Take the housing off and the 4 torx screws holding the keyboard and screen to the midplate. Once you lift the motherboard off the midplate you will see two connector strips that the motherboard makes contact with. The one on the right sometimes will go bad. I had this happen to me before. I used a tiny piece of aluminum foil and covered the connector strip. Now hold the motherboard on the idplate and stick the battery in. If it lights....then you know you need to buy a midplate or full housing kit with a midplate.
    07-05-09 07:36 AM
    I try this! I mean i have no warranty so I try just about anything.

thanks
    07-05-09 08:03 AM
    It may or may not be the resolution to your problems, but its worth a try. Like I said I had the exact same thing happen to me and after messing around I found that.
    07-05-09 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD