Hi there,

Because my phone isn't officially supported by the provider I am asking here.

Basically I was given this blackberry by a friend so I thought I would set it up for my mum. It was an orange blackberry and the first thing I did was upgrade the software to the latest using the sticky thread. I have put a Pay as you go Orange (UK) SIM card in it and put the blackberry service on it through Orange. I got the text through saying the phone had been registered on the wireless network.

I have got a capital-letters GPRS in the top right hand corner which I thought signified that the BIS was on there and working...but I can't seem to connect to the internet via the Blackberry browser as it says it is WIFI only and I need to enable WIFI.

When I goto "Services Status", under "BlackBerry Internet Service" it says "not connected".

I have checked the "Host Routing Table" and that looks the same as my Blackberry (which is working) on Orange but the "Service Book" looks completely different. It only has 2 entries for WIFI whereas my blackberry has quite a few....I'm assuming this is where the problem lies...what do I have todo to remedy the situation.

Thanks.
    07-07-09 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD