I know the curve only supports 2gb on the miniSD card. Is there any way around this or does anyone know when there will be support for larger media cards? I have a 6gb card and it's a shame I can't access 4gb of it.

Thanks.
    03-03-08 11:50 AM
    The Curve supports 4gb, and with the new OS soon will support 8GB
    03-03-08 11:54 AM
    The Curve supports 4gb, and with the new OS soon will support 8GB
    When I formatted my 6gb card on the BB, it only came up with 1.6gb. How can I get the full 4gb?
    03-03-08 12:01 PM
    4.2.1 OS- 2gb
    4.2.2 OS- 4gb
    4.3.1 OS- 8gb

Thats what its supposed to be, although if you are trying to format the card IN your BB, it might give you trouble. Try to load the data on your PC, and then the BB should see it.
    You probably need to format the card in your PC first
    03-03-08 12:13 PM
    4.2.2 is what I have. I did format the card in my PC prior and it was fine...in my PC. When I transferred it to the BB, I got a message telling me the card had an error on it. It wasn't until I formatted the card inside the BB that I was able to use it and, as I mentioned, it came up with 1.6gb usable space.
    03-03-08 12:31 PM
    I'd suggest upgrading the OS if you really need that 4gb. I bought an 8gb card and got it to format in the BB to 4gb. It will recognize a pc format of 8gb, but won't let me write to it.

I'm thinking I will try to format it again on the pc and add in the 4 folders that a BB fromat adds in. Maybe the BB is trying to find those 4 folders and just says no when it can't find them?
    03-03-08 03:08 PM
    Would have been easier to get a compatible 4gb card in the first place.
    03-03-08 03:11 PM
    I have inserted the 8G media card and downloaded my iTunes but I can't record a video. Can I only do one or the other, not both?
    01-14-10 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD