I am having problems with a new Curve 8310. It worked ok up until last night. All I am getting now is a blank screen and a red flashing LED. The LED flashes once and then 3 times quickly. Any ideas? Anyone? HELP!!!!!
    07-06-08 05:55 AM
    have you tried a hard reset? if that doesnt help, you need to do a handset OS reload.
    07-06-08 05:59 AM
    have you tried a hard reset? if that doesnt help, you need to do a handset OS reload.
    Hi Oakie, I have tried the hard reset as described in this forum. I am a newbie to this and dont know how to do a OS reload. When I connect my BB to my computer via the USB it doesnt recognise it. I think it may be knackered!
    07-06-08 06:01 AM
    Hi Oakie, I have tried the hard reset as described in this forum. I am a newbie to this and dont know how to do a OS reload. When I connect my BB to my computer via the USB it doesnt recognise it. I think it may be knackered!
    do you even get the audio tone from windows when a USB device is connected and/or the icon in the tray? this is without desktop manager being open.

if not, and it's completely unrecognized by your PC, it's toast.
    07-06-08 06:37 AM
    Did you add any new applications to the phone? Possibly AutoStandby?
    07-06-08 06:41 AM
    Get nothing when plugged into my usb port. I have only had it 3 days.......
    07-06-08 06:44 AM
    Did you add any new applications to the phone? Possibly AutoStandby?
    Have only added a couple of themes, nothing else
    07-06-08 06:45 AM
    Get nothing when plugged into my usb port. I have only had it 3 days.......
    ok, last gasp...

install the Desktop Manager from the disc you got with your phone if you havent already.

go here to download your handheld software: BlackBerry from O2 - Help and support

install it.

once installed, on your PC go to: C: > Program Files > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader > apploader.exe

plug in your phone and hit next. the box in the middle will identify a com port, usually "Com 3". once your phone has been plugged in, wait for it to say "USB: UNKNOWN" or "USB: <your device's PIN>"

give it about 30 seconds. if it never changes to say "USB: ______" then it's buggered.
    07-06-08 06:53 AM
    Thanks for all your help. Looks like it is toast!!! Very disappointing. Will have a rant at o2.
    07-06-08 07:11 AM
    Where did you get it from? Possible to return it?
    07-06-08 07:18 AM
    So sorry. Can you return it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD