hey guys i just got a blackberry curve 8310 but i have no data plan for now but what settings should i change so i dont get charged for web browsing or any other fees?

thanks!
    03-21-09 01:45 AM
    I think you should contact Rogers and ask them to block your web browser. I did that on my last phone.
    03-21-09 01:49 AM
    ... I'm not knocking your decision, I'm just curious as to what prompted you to get a Curve without a data plan? That seems counterproductive to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 01:59 AM
    I would have to agree with you aerophage. BBs are awesome if used to their full potential. Without a data plan they are just a phone.
    03-21-09 03:12 AM
    k ill call them tommorrow,I totally agree with u u really need to have a data plan but i got the phone for free from my gf cause she updated to a 8900 and plus im on a retention plan for 1 more year im getting a data plan once this contract is over.

Thanks for replying guys
    Last edited by icu2; 03-21-09 at 03:35 AM.
    03-21-09 03:30 AM
    Yeah for the first few months I had my blackberry for texting and calls. Then I got a data plan and was like
    Best thing that has happened xD
    But when I didn't have a data plan my carrier didn't turn any data on for me, so even if I tried I couldn't do anything.

03-22-09 12:29 AM
    I hope you enjoy that curve, and welcome to Crackberry my friend.
    03-22-09 01:43 AM
    Don't know about your carrier but with mine(vodafone) after a certain period into your contract, you can add data plan at any time and downgrade your tarrif to a cheaper plan, thus evening out the monthly cost.

03-22-09 07:31 AM
    on the phone there is an option to have no data to the phone.

go to: manage connections > mobile network options > data services > Off

not sure if that's what you want, but that's how I turn off data.
    03-22-09 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD