I've had three blackberries from three diff companies, and I was wondering, why are blackberry devices so difficult to charge? I've had problems with the battery and charging on every one I've had. My latest problem is I go to bed at night and leave the phone to charge all night so it will be on full power. I get up in the morning and its almost all the way charged and has stopped. What the heck? Why is that. Its charging for 5 to 7 hours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 06:31 AM
    that is strange. Ive owned close to 20 RIM devices and have never had a charging issue that wasnt related to the charger itself or a bad battery
    04-07-10 06:40 AM
    never had a problem charging any devices of any kind either.

The only thing I can think of is that you are charging it off a computer (desktop or laptop) and you've set it to "sleep" or "hibernate" after a certain period of time...and this same period of time is enough to charge your berry most of the way but it won't complete charging.

Charge using the wall charger, on an outlet that you know is super reliable. Make sure nothing will get bumped or moved, and see if that changes anything.

The other thing is that you may have a bad battery (or charger for that matter). Swap batteries if you can and see if that changes anything. If not, go back to the original charger and swap that out for one that works 100%.

Good luck!
    04-07-10 07:11 AM
    It could be that because after awhile my computer goes into hibernation, but its weird my old regular phones used to charge regardless whether it was or not.maybe its just diff for the high powered blackberry. And I've had bad experiences with bb wall chargers.

04-07-10 07:23 AM
    There may be a setting to keep a usb port on the pc active even though the pc goes to sleep'
    04-07-10 10:29 AM
    I I've had bad experiences with bb wall chargers.

possibly so, but Blackberry-branded wall chargers are designed to work with Blackberry phones. (search the forums and you'll find stories of people using "other brand" chargers - some with no problem, others find HUGE problems doing that)

In any case, try the wall charger using the newest charger that came with your newest blackberry. Put it on the charger as soon as you can when you get home, and leave it connected as long as possible (until morning).
    04-08-10 06:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD