I am totally new to BB. Just got a refurb curve 8320 yesterday.
    Synced my phone with Outlook. When I select a contact from the address phone to call, the number shows up as being correct, but it calls someone else or states "called failed". I have to manually dial the number for it to go through to the correct person. Anyone experience this? Is there a fix or is my phone screwed?

Many thanks,

Simon.
    07-09-09 09:45 AM
    I would try deleting the Address Book database and then overwriting the device again with your contacts from Outlook. If that doesn't work, I would take the phone back.

To delete the Address Book database, connect your phone to your computer and launch Desktop Manager. Select "Backup and Restore" and go to "Advanced". Once DM has synced with your BB and has listed the databases, hold down the CTRL key and select both "Address Book" and "Address Book - All" and press the "Clear" button.

Then reboot your device either via a battery pull or by holding down the Alt key and the right Shift and Del keys at the same time.

Now reload your contacts, making sure to overwrite the device with the contacts from Outlook and try again.

Hope that works for you.
    07-09-09 10:43 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion PNWBerryAddict.
    Unfortunately I didn't do the trick.
    I guess I'll need to return the device.
    Hope it doesn't happen with replacement also.

Cheers,

Simon.
    07-09-09 11:47 AM
    Check to be sure that the correct Area Code is set under Smart Dialing in the Phone Options.
    07-09-09 05:17 PM
    Check to be sure that the correct Area Code is set under Smart Dialing in the Phone Options.
    Motorcycle Mama, you are the best!!!
    Total lifesaver. Was about to return my phone.
    Because it's a refurb, I guess the previous owners country code was still logged in. Even when my friends would call, the phone wouldn't use their ID in my address book, but now it's all good.

Cheers,

Simon.
    07-09-09 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD