does any one know what the user agent the curve gives off in the BB browser, I'm asking as I want to be able to access http://mobile.blackberry.com without having to do so from my blackberry as my data pack is almost used up (1 day left for bill cycle) and I need to download some things from there and i can do that using the firefox user agent switcher, just need to know the agent it gives off.
    07-22-07 10:09 PM
    Not sure how to assist here. But, why not switch to an unlimited package, for data?

Alterantively, whatever software you're looking for from mobile.blackberry.com, try to download the software to a pc, and install it via desktop manger! That would save you using data. BUT, if the software itself needs 'data' to activate / run, then you're back to square one...
    07-29-07 08:45 AM
    Hmmm some misunderstanding in what I'm asking for but to address what you brought up, 1) you suggest an ''unlimited'' data, I'm canadian, honestly we dunno what those are lmao example my carrier Rogers Wireless....$100 (on 3 year term) will get you 200 MB overage = $5 per MB, 2) I cant download OTA files from MOST sites because the user agent for the browser will show as FireFox, therefore needing to know what BB browser identifies it's self as when logging into a website to mimic it and make the OTA site ( what ever site it may be) think i'm on my BB and give me the .jad/.jar files 3). the data usage is not really a concern when I have the item installed I'm sure your aware u DO NOT need to have a blackberry data plan to access some programs on a BB, you just need to configure your TCP settings to match those of your carrier ( I have Gmail,Opera Mini,consilient push and my carriers WAP browser readily avail for use as well as numerous other programs that access the internet and utilize the 10MB that I pay $10 for) all with out a BB data plan I just need to watch my data usage hence once again the reason to mimic the BB browser so i can download certain OTA only files and save on my measly 10MB, hope this helps you understand navilyn
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 07-29-07 at 10:54 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes
    07-29-07 10:52 AM
    Found it

BlackBerry8300/4.2.2Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107UP.Link/6.2.3.15.0

now I can use FireFox for downloading OTA files and just install with desktop where as before it would just say something lame like ''your not on a mobile device please visit this url on a mobile device'' blah blah blah
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 07-29-07 at 11:27 AM.
    07-29-07 11:16 AM
    Hi Bla1ze,

I saw your post on consilient push and went to the website. Awesome service...only problem is it doesnt seem to support the bb 8830. I was wondering how did you get it to install on your bb 8300 since you are currently using it and you said you got it to work and it is not on the list of supported devices.

Thanks

Hmmm some misunderstanding in what I'm asking for but to address what you brought up, 1) you suggest an ''unlimited'' data, I'm canadian, honestly we dunno what those are lmao example my carrier Rogers Wireless....$100 (on 3 year term) will get you 200 MB overage = $5 per MB, 2) I cant download OTA files from MOST sites because the user agent for the browser will show as FireFox, therefore needing to know what BB browser identifies it's self as when logging into a website to mimic it and make the OTA site ( what ever site it may be) think i'm on my BB and give me the .jad/.jar files 3). the data usage is not really a concern when I have the item installed I'm sure your aware u DO NOT need to have a blackberry data plan to access some programs on a BB, you just need to configure your TCP settings to match those of your carrier ( I have Gmail,Opera Mini,consilient push and my carriers WAP browser readily avail for use as well as numerous other programs that access the internet and utilize the 10MB that I pay $10 for) all with out a BB data plan I just need to watch my data usage hence once again the reason to mimic the BB browser so i can download certain OTA only files and save on my measly 10MB, hope this helps you understand navilyn
    07-30-07 10:08 PM
    You can just use the 8100 version..works fine on my curve.
    07-30-07 10:25 PM
    How did you get it installed? I tried downloading it and it only comes with .jad file and .cod files.

I only know how to install .alx/.cod files and .jad/.jar files

Thanks

You can just use the 8100 version..works fine on my curve.
    07-30-07 10:36 PM
    And yes I do not have a bb data plan I have a sprint data plan so my bb browser doesnt work so I can install it using opera/opera mini. I need to install it over USB or using desktop manager

How did you get it installed? I tried downloading it and it only comes with .jad file and .cod files.

Thanks
    07-30-07 10:37 PM
    Nevermind I got it installed but my cant get my phone to ring when a new email arrives. All it does it blink red. oh well better than nothing

And yes I do not have a bb data plan I have a sprint data plan so my bb browser doesnt work so I can install it using opera/opera mini. I need to install it over USB or using desktop manager
    07-31-07 12:27 AM
    cool glad to hear ya got it workin
    07-31-07 03:14 AM

Thanks
    hi, can you tell me how to install .jad/.jar files? i have two files .jad and .jar on my computer and want to install it on my phone, but have no idea how. i tried using that desktop manager but it was giving me errors....i have an 8830 and verizon as my carrier...thanks!
    08-02-07 08:52 AM
    If you have a media card installed you can make a folder on it call it whatever you wish, then just move the .jad/.jar, then browse to the .jad file and click on trackwheel, the option will come up to download/cancel..select the download option where you have both files already nothing will be downloaded once completed the program will have been installed and will then ask you if u wish run.
    08-02-07 06:09 PM
    does any one know what the user agent the curve gives off in the BB browser, I'm asking as I want to be able to access http://mobile.blackberry.com without having to do so from my blackberry as my data pack is almost used up (1 day left for bill cycle) and I need to download some things from there and i can do that using the firefox user agent switcher, just need to know the agent it gives off.
    Go to this website Show your IP address and other properties about your computer and browser on your BlackBerry. It will tell you the User Agent for your BlackBerry. For example, my Bold gives out: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.266 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120.
    06-04-09 12:49 PM
    Hi Everyone, does any body know what version of Firefox i can download to my BBerry Bold 9780?
    03-27-11 02:44 PM
    Hi Everyone, does any body know what version of Firefox i can download to my BBerry Bold 9780?
    You cannot. There is no version of Firefox for BlackBerry. https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Platforms
    03-27-11 02:53 PM
    There are Browser Emulators (Firefox, Internet Explorer) in my 8330 running Os5. Open Browser/Menu/Options/Browser Configuration, under Browser Identification. I have no idea if the 9780 has or needs Emulators. Hope you find what you need.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 04-02-11 at 10:06 PM.
    04-02-11 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD