I have a question to all the other Curve 8310 owners with 4.5 beta on their unit. I currently have 4.5.0.42 on my curve, and since every single beta version of 4.5 I have had a HUGE issue with volume. It seems to be there is no difference between the Medium and High volume for alerts with 4.5 does anyone else have this issue? Or may have solved it on their own with another modification?
    06-18-08 08:53 AM
    Not sure bro, but that's why I don't really run beat OS's... I like my **** to run right!! GL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-08 08:58 AM
    Kinda interesting since some providers are making them "Official releases"
    06-18-08 09:01 AM
    I think that the 4.5.0.37 release by Vodafone, Germany was a huge mistake by them. I am convinced that this software is not ready for general release by carriers. It seems to me that Vodafone, Germany have jumped the gun on this one. If so I would love to see the email exchange between RIM and the German company.

The reason that I think this is that whilst some people have had no problems whatsoever with 4.5 betas, many others have logged problems here.

There have been all sorts of issues. Dropped signal, low volume, random re-boots, 3rd party apps not working, GPS non-functional, WiFi not working or with random dropouts are some of the most common. These seem to be totally random in nature. Two users on the same carrier and with the same phone model has two different problems. Other users have reported different problems on different carriers.
    Last edited by Pete6; 06-18-08 at 10:32 AM.
    06-18-08 10:30 AM
    I would solve it by downgrading. To a stable OS.
    06-18-08 10:32 AM
    Ah ok, I've been just irked by it, I have dropped bugfixes to RIM about this and they still haven't fixed it, it's as if they can't seem to find the source of the issue.
    06-18-08 10:33 AM
    I would solve it by downgrading. To a stable OS.
    And I did, it's just irksome, I keep upgrading when each new version is released and then downgrade soon after, I need my alarms to be louder.
    06-18-08 10:36 AM
    I upgraded to 4.5 and the only thing I notice at first was that it was a bit slower. Now, after a few days, it seems fine. My volume seems to be at the same levels as before.
    06-18-08 10:46 AM
    I upgraded to 4.5 and the only thing I notice at first was that it was a bit slower. Now, after a few days, it seems fine. My volume seems to be at the same levels as before.
    But did you check the diff between the Medium and High sound level? There is no noticeable difference between Medium and High with 4.5 I especially noticed it with the "High Riser" ringtone, that and when my phone rings and it's set for High with 4.2 I can hear it 3 rooms away, but with 4.5 I can't hear it more than 1 room away. Quite a difference with volume.
    06-19-08 12:20 PM
    I checked my volumes and it seems okay to me.
    06-20-08 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD