Hey BB Users! Well, I am now holding my first BB! A beautiful Red Curve 8330. So Here's the problem: I can't figure out how to make the poor baby sync wirelessly with my computer! I set it up with a BIS (as it is a personal phone, and not a business phone (I'm a student )), and it started pushing the emails that were coming into my gmail account to my phone immidiately (It was awesome!!). Now onto my next task: figuring out how to make my curve sync my calendar and contacts and tasks wirelessly with my computer.

I can use outlook, or if there is some blackberry specific software I can use that too. Please advise!! I'm really excited about this phone - look at me, its almost 1:00AM and i'm still up playing with it, and I've gotta be up for work tomorrow at 5:30AM!!!

lols...I think I'm quickly becoming one of you!
    09-13-08 02:46 AM
    So how about it? Is there any way to sync with say my google calendar?
    09-13-08 07:38 AM
    This will not happen unless your device is on BES, or you can use bluetooth syncing. The only other way is to use the desktop manager and the provided cable to sync this information.

Althought you said you are using gmail, I believe there is a application called google sync this will help and do what you are trying to do. This syncs with info on gmail not outlook.

There are many threads about this here so you may want to search for this.
    09-13-08 07:42 AM
    The Google app that was posted a day or so ago might be your new best friend.

The sync is part of that program.

I've been playing with it for a day now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-08 07:49 AM
    Google Sync Link for you

Google Sync
    09-13-08 07:54 AM
    Oh you guys are awesome - Ibelieve you are right in saying that this google app will become my new best friend lol. Frankly I've never even used outlook before, so if I can do the same thing with this gmail app (sync calendar and tasks) I might as well.

I'll give it a try and let you guys know, thanks for the help!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-08 02:01 PM
    This will not happen unless your device is on BES, or you can use bluetooth syncing.
    One quick question on this - would it be possible for me to get on BES? I would probably have to rent a Blackberry enterprise server, wouldn't I?
    09-13-08 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD