Good day to you!

I have been a happy user of my BB 8830 but have had some problems with it. I am asking now, since my carrier is going to be releasing the storm here soon. That said, I am not thrilled with the on-screen keyboard....but.

I find myself waiting for my blackberry switching between emails, sms, etc. I have upgraded to the new OS last week, and I dont find it any faster. Should I be waiting for 5.0? Does the storm have faster performance? I might be able to see past the screen typing if its faster and I am not going to wait for it....

thoughts?
    04-29-09 12:53 AM
    whats your file free? options>status
    04-29-09 12:59 AM
    whats your file free? options>status
    34158955 bytes
    04-29-09 01:01 AM
    Do a battery pull, phone on yank the battery out and replace in thirty seconds.

do you properly close out of apps(not just hitting the end key, but hitting menu>close/exit)?

do you have a ton of email or sms messages on the phone? if you do, its probably time to do some house cleaning..
    04-29-09 01:06 AM
    Hold down the Alt key and press the Back button. You should only have 5 apps running in the application switcher (phone, BBM, home, Browser, messages) anything else and you should scroll to the app and let go of the Alt key. When the app opens, Menu, Close/Exit.

Having unecessary/extra apps running in device memory can cause laginess, even with adequate file free memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 01:07 AM
    Ya for the most part, its clean. I will monitor it to see whats going on from here.

Thanks
    04-29-09 01:15 AM
    Good day to you!

I have been a happy user of my BB 8830 but have had some problems with it. I am asking now, since my carrier is going to be releasing the storm here soon. That said, I am not thrilled with the on-screen keyboard....but.

I find myself waiting for my blackberry switching between emails, sms, etc. I have upgraded to the new OS last week, and I dont find it any faster. Should I be waiting for 5.0? Does the storm have faster performance? I might be able to see past the screen typing if its faster and I am not going to wait for it....

thoughts?
    As mentioned, you should not be waiting that long between emails and sms. I do notice a lot more little spinning thingys (delays) with this phone vs the Storm I had though so it is slower as expected. That being said....I am so glad I am using the curve now instead of the storm. I could never get used to that keyboard and it just became horribly frustrating.
    04-29-09 03:09 AM
    What is the best way to delete old emails and texts because i have ton dating back almost a year. Needless to say my phone is very slow. Also what is a good file space to have on the 8830 world.

Thanks!
    04-29-09 03:01 PM
    What is the best way to delete old emails and texts because i have ton dating back almost a year. Needless to say my phone is very slow. Also what is a good file space to have on the 8830 world.

Thanks!
    Find in your email or wherever, the date block that seperates your email by date. Highlight that, and then bring up your menu. I think the 3rd from the top is the one that is 'delete prior'. That simple!
    04-29-09 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD