Just got my Blackberry Curve and the battery is low. My LED is flashing both red AND green at the same time. I asked a couple of people and they say that it's supposed to be just green when the battery is low.

I've called my provider and searched these forums and no one seems to have had a similar problem.

Any ideas/soluions???

Please help and thank you.
    04-22-09 09:09 PM
    you probably have a message somewhere.. look in your message icon..
    04-22-09 09:10 PM
    Welcome to CB. You could try a friend's fully charged battery...
    04-22-09 09:11 PM
    Optically, red and green make yellow. The yellow LED is a sign of a low battery.
    04-22-09 09:14 PM
    Just got my Blackberry Curve and the battery is low. My LED is flashing both red AND green at the same time. I asked a couple of people and they say that it's supposed to be just green when the battery is low.
    Nope nothing wrong with your berry Its supposed to be like that, a yellow-ish sort of colour when the battery is low. It will flash green if you turn on the coverage indication in Options > Screen/Keyboard.
    04-22-09 09:15 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I just checked and I have no messages.

I'm sure it will go away with a charged battery but if it's not supposed to be like this during low battery, I will just exchange it.

I was just hoping that this was normal, I guess not.

Thanks again!
    04-22-09 09:17 PM
    the people at telus couldnt tell you that you had a message? wow.. yes, welcome to CB my canadian friend! check out this lecture series when you get a chance, there is a lot of good stuff in there:
    BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com
    04-22-09 09:18 PM
    Shao is right. You just need to charge your battery...bad. Nothing wrong with the berry though.
    04-22-09 09:18 PM
    Hey guys...great advice and thanks. But maybe I didn't explain it well. It is distinctly both red and green only. It's almost like it's a green light but with a red dot on the side.
    04-22-09 09:22 PM
    Actually, I think I am having a similar issue, except it isn't flashing green, only red, and my phone is 75% charged.

I just got this new phone yesterday (had to exchange it because my other BB died), and my old BB never had the flashing red light unless I had an unread message. Well, in this case, I don't have an unread message anywhere, not even in my twitter or FB account.

How can I make the constant flashing red light go away? Is it just a setting that I have overlooked for continuous use?
    04-22-09 09:23 PM
    Hey guys...great advice and thanks. But maybe I didn't explain it well. It is distinctly both red and green only. It's almost like it's a green light but with a red dot on the side.
    Yes, at the same time right? That is the low battery indication. RIM describes it as being yellow, but its more orange-ish. Charge your phone and it will go away.
    04-22-09 09:25 PM
    Thanks everyone! I'll just go with the consensus and charge my phone.

Is there anyway to give kudos to you guys? I'm new to the forum-thing too. lol.
    04-22-09 09:28 PM
    You just gave kudos. And your welcome btw...
    04-22-09 09:31 PM
    Sweet! Take care, y'all!
    04-22-09 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD