Hello All.
    I just got a new BlackBerry Curve 8330 from Sprint yesterday.
    After the horrid experience I had with the HTC Touch Pro, I decided I need something a lot more stable and thought of BlackBerry.
    Anyway, I'm loving the phone so far, but have one question.

When I run through the email setup, it says the device is already registered with another account and I need to call.. blah blah.
    The phone was BNIB.
    I'm lost at this point.
    12-29-09 09:55 AM
    Did you buy it BNIB from a Sprint store or AUTHORIZED reseller?

Because it shouldnt be saying that at all I would give sprint a call to see whats what, sounds a bit off to me
    12-29-09 10:11 AM
    You may need to go to the BIS
    bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=sprint

You can setup your email from here and possibly resolve your issue. Make sure you bookmark it too. I wiped my BB and it took out my email. And if you have more than one email, make sure that the email you want associated with your BB is on top.
    12-29-09 10:15 AM
    Did you buy it BNIB from a Sprint store or AUTHORIZED reseller?

Because it shouldnt be saying that at all I would give sprint a call to see whats what, sounds a bit off to me
    Sprint Store.
    You may need to go to the BIS
    bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=sprint

You can setup your email from here and possibly resolve your issue. Make sure you bookmark it too. I wiped my BB and it took out my email. And if you have more than one email, make sure that the email you want associated with your BB is on top.
    This fixed it. Thank you.
    12-29-09 10:28 AM
    No Prob. Glad it worked.
    12-29-09 07:35 PM
    Ya HTC Totally sucks :P
    01-01-10 09:33 PM
    I had 3 HTC touch phones before I gave up. The last one caught on fire when it was charging. Paid full price for the curve last feb and still happy.
    01-02-10 09:33 AM
    S**KS BB all the way
    01-02-10 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD