Ever since I upgraded the OS to 4.5, my Stoaway Keyboard refused to work.

Always received Uncaught Exception: Layout requested during layout.

I love my iGo keyboard very much. I like the typing feeling, very tactile. Any other keyboard second to iGo Stowaway? Compatible with Bold since I'm thinking to upgrade to Bold as well.

Also what is the difference between Freedom 2 or Freedom keyboard? are they good? or nothing like iGo?
    Last edited by jlingo; 09-07-08 at 10:41 AM.
    09-07-08 10:21 AM
    You have three options, perform them in the same order if the previous one fails:

1. Battery pull
    2. Wipe handheld
    3. Reinstall OS
    09-07-08 10:28 AM
    I just upgraded to 4.5 and my stowaway doesn't work either. I love it and use it a lot. When you say reinstall the os do you mean to back to the old one or reinstall 4.5?
    09-21-08 04:36 PM
    Has anyone tried to use Freedom Keyboard with OS 4.6 with BES? Normally, it requires an administrator's help to make it work, but my companies administrators are not so user friendly....
    11-16-08 02:54 PM
    I wish I had read your posting. Last night I upgraded to os 4.5 and my Stowawy does not work either... apparently there is NO driver for the new OS...what a bummer....does ANYONE have any idea how one might get this keyboard to work with the new software? If not, is it possible to downgrade the OS backwards, since the keyboard worked perfectly until yesterday.

I woudl rather have the keyboard than the new OS.... I really need the external keyboard and I'm now sick that I have lost it....

HELP...PLEASE...ANYONE....

Thanks
    03-11-09 10:09 PM
    I need help too on the Freedom Keyboard to work with my 8330. It worked yesterday, but I can't get it to reconnect. I've deleted it and started over, but no matter what, I can't get my BB to recognize the keyboard. What more can I try?
    03-12-09 09:31 AM
    I'm in the same boat since I upgraded to 4.5. *love* my iGo stowaway. Just bought a freedom universal keyboard (2) and it'll have to do
    1. plastic not metal housing. It'll sure be harded to travel with. I'm a little worried it won't hold up
    2. it doesn't get as flat as the iGo

There's a member of the forum, Marco, he created a patch that he had posted to his personal website for curve/iGo compatability. Where are you Marco?!?!? maybe marco has a 4.5 patch as well
    05-16-09 10:30 PM
    I'm in the same situation with my 8830 - I now get the
    "Uncaught Exception: Layout requested during layout" both on startup and when I try to use the keyboard and on startup.

The problem is definately connected to the iGo software as the error does not occur on start up if the software is removed.
    08-03-09 12:59 AM
    You have three options, perform them in the same order if the previous one fails:

1. Battery pull
    2. Wipe handheld
    3. Reinstall OS
    exactly what he said
    08-03-09 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD