Hi All,
    Just joined and have a big problem that I am dealing with. I have just unlocked a blackberry 8320 to work with my o2 pay as your go sim card. Now, all i need are the settings and how to use the internet, wi-fi and e-mail options as I work as a financial assistant and need access to my e-mail 24/7. I spoke to o2 and they told me that they can't do anything to help me with the setting up of the blackberry...
    Really would appreciate your views and opinions in this matter...

Regards

Omar
    12-10-08 06:39 AM
    Hi Mate,

Do you have a data plan?? As you will need this for using your internet/e mail, I think you can get it for �10 a month from o2, I'm in the UK and have spoken to o2 about this matter.

As for setting up the BB Mate, I'm new to it all as well, there are loads of guys and girls on here that will be able to help you on that matter,

Welcome to CB
    12-10-08 07:46 AM
    On a pay and go sim card you will not get the BB services to work. Your only option is the wifi browser or possibly a 3rd party browser (opera mini) I have yet to come across anyone who has opera working on a pay and go sim though. It works better on pay monthly.

The best thing you can do if you want bb services on o2 is to get the simplicity sim (min 1 month contract) prices start at �15 add to this the o2 Blackberry unlimited bolt on for �10 which comes to. A total of �25 per month. If the �15 simplicity sim does not give you enough calls and texts go forthe next one. There are several to choose from

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 08:09 AM
    Hi Hazysky,

That is very correct about the Simplicity biss, that's what I have planned when I finish my contract which is soon, I've been with them 5 years and I plan to get a Simplicity deal and get the price nocked down like I always do, based on loyalty terms, then add the BB Add On!! Hopefully around the �25 mark no more!!

There is a o2 Pay as you Use option regarding the BB, I.E. to get your e mail and browsing but it will work out much more, as it's only limited browsing and e mail.

Are you on the Simplicity/BB Add On??

Just wondering how it works??

Thanks,

Renniks.
    12-10-08 09:02 AM
    I'm on the simplicity �25 (600 mins and 1000 texts and free international travel service). Added to that is the BB bolt on for �10. I was lucky enough to get a �10 discount so I pay a total of �25.

Now, if you get this online you are entitled to a free bolt on, the bb bolt on is not listed but apparently if you add on the unlimited web bolt on all you need to do when the sim arrives is phone o2 and change the web bolt on to the bb bolt on so its free. .

The simplicity sim is for a minimum of 1 month, you give 30 days notice to cancel. The BB bolt on is however for a minimum of 6 months so you would need to keep the simplicity sim for the duration.

O2 also do a standalone bb bolt on for �15.

The pay per use one is NOT good value for your �.

12-10-08 09:14 AM
    Thanks hazysky,

That's what I wanted to know!! So if I get the web bolt on and phone em up when the Sim arrives, they will definatley change it to the BB bolt on??

One other question, do BB's have a message counter on em?? I.E. So you can see how many texts you have sent?

As I was going to get the unlimited text bolt on, but I may go with the 1000 texts??

Thanks for your time on this, it's appreciated indeed.

Renniks.
    12-10-08 09:46 AM
    I cannot say for definate that they will change the free bolt on to a free bb bolt on as it did not apply when I got mine. Best thing to do is have a chat with o2 customer services before going ahead.

If you text 21202 free you will receive a text and call balance. You can also check your use on youronline account.

It all depends how much you text!! With a bB you may start to use instant messaging more (use included in data allowance).

12-10-08 09:53 AM
    Thanks Hazysky,

That explains it all, truly appreciate your input on this, it's answered all my questions,

Cheers,

Renniks.
    12-10-08 10:31 AM
    You're welcome

12-10-08 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD