i have a 2G for my curve, and a 2G for my wife's 8120, no problem on both cards...i just got the card out of the box and put it into the phone!! and that was it!!!
    2Gb cards are fine just about everywhere because they are simple microSD. However different OSs support different capacities in different phones. Folk want to have the largest possible capacity storage in their phones and thre is often confusion about 2 - 4 -6 -8 and above capacities. Also people don't always understand the difference between micoSD and microSDHC which is justan addressing issue. There is also confusion about what Calss 2,4 and 6 does. Finally people ask what make should I buy?

I managed to answer some of these questions in a previous post http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/micr...c-cards-46673/ but the technology and the market changes all the time.

It's what maks it fun
    Last edited by Pete6; 08-05-08 at 05:02 PM.
    08-05-08 05:00 PM
    So it sounds like the Micro SDHC is okay and it's doesn't have to be Micro SD only.... Also does a larger GB card mean slower process speed on BB?
    08-06-08 02:28 PM
    I have the 8GB in 8320, and on both video music I haven't noticed any issues. I think speed will be a factor of the process speed of the BB, or the connection to a computer. Back in the good old days the rule was that generally the higher capacity a memory device (disk drives) the faster the speed, because the data is more densly packed. I think with today's electronic devices, the size of flash card has no impact on speed.
    08-06-08 02:36 PM
    So it sounds like the Micro SDHC is okay and it's doesn't have to be Micro SD only.... Also does a larger GB card mean slower process speed on BB?
    There are different speed ratings on different cards. You should read the article I referenced in my previous post. There is a link in there that explains the speed ratings.
    08-06-08 02:57 PM
    Hi guys, im having the same problems too. it wont format, wont read. I even put it in the big adapter into a camera and showed up as damaged. any suggestions.
    08-23-08 11:30 AM
    Hi guys, im having the same problems too. it wont format, wont read. I even put it in the big adapter into a camera and showed up as damaged. any suggestions.
    yeah same here. seems that it's just a defective card and you would be better off just going with a new card.
    And I agree with one of the previous posters, always go with a reputable store where you know you can return your stuff, so you won't end up like me with a broken card and nowhere to return it to.
    lesson learned!
    09-08-08 01:39 PM
    I just received an 8Gb SDHC card from Ebay and it works great in my 8330 Curve.
    09-08-08 05:04 PM
    From what I understand OS only limits how much of the space will actually be recognized on the BB. So with OS 4.2 it will only recognize 4GB of a 6GB or 8GB card, OS 4.3 will recognize up to 8GB and as for 4.5 ... I don't know. When I had the 8320 I purchased a 4GB Micro SDHC and it worked fine straight from the packaging into the phone.
    09-08-08 05:11 PM
    But does the 4g recognize Media manager with no problems?? Im about to upgrade is there any issues?
    12-14-09 10:17 AM
    You might open a new thread or read this one from the beginning it is very very old.Card size is dependent on the version of os you are running. The chart is on the previous page of this thread. Media manager will read what ever card is accepted by the os.
    12-14-09 11:37 AM
    i found the cheapest seller of micro sds hc on the net if you have ebay. the sellers name is memory_with_free_shipping I bought a 4 gb from them $11.35 USD and he got it to me pretty quickly, he also has 8 gb for $17.95 which also work great for the blackberry. Great ebay seller.
    04-04-10 10:24 AM
    If I delete a video, the title stays. Won't play it, but the title remains in the list. If I try to play a deleted video, the player skips to the next file. If I open the list when it's plugged into a PC, the deleted files do not appear. Anyone heard of that problem?
    07-15-10 05:17 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD