I am interested in purchasing a Micro SDHC Card to work with my phone.
    I heave heard of some horror stories of how some cards are not formatted properly on the device or the computer. I haven't been able to find a compability chart on the blackberry website even though the manufactor of the card Sandisk states to contact the manufactor for compatibility.

I just want to know if the Sandisk Micro SDHC 4 & 6GB cards are compatible with my Blackberry 8320 Version 4.2.2.171?

If so will my computer running Windows XP Professional SP2 incorrectly format the card when I swap from computer to my device.?
    10-24-07 11:33 AM
    I am using a 4GB Sandisk card in my wife's 8320 with no problems.
    10-24-07 03:50 PM
    I have heard of these horror stories about microSDs not working with BlackBerry. I got mine and installed it with no problem at all. Did not even need to format, it was all ready to go.

Just a note though, being an e-tailer myself, always buy it from a respectable shop or store. I don't mind high price as a long as I know that when and if there is a problem, I'm covered with warranty and I can get a replacement when and if in case I would have an issue with the item. Shopcrackberry got a good pricing since I do check them out often, and I would recommend shopping here than getting stuffs from amazon. But hey, just a matter of opinion and preference.
    10-24-07 04:40 PM
    I have heard of these horror stories about microSDs not working with BlackBerry. I got mine and installed it with no problem at all. Did not even need to format, it was all ready to go.

Just a note though, being an e-tailer myself, always buy it from a respectable shop or store. I don't mind high price as a long as I know that when and if there is a problem, I'm covered with warranty and I can get a replacement when and if in case I would have an issue with the item. Shopcrackberry got a good pricing since I do check them out often, and I would recommend shopping here than getting stuffs from amazon. But hey, just a matter of opinion and preference.

i got mine from amazon. paid 27 shipped for a 2gb. it came in retail packaging and worked fine.

I know kingston is a better quality company and you could find it for the same price. i got Sandisk because i have all their products and still havent had a problem with them ever.
    10-25-07 01:12 AM
    Yea I ordered the SanDisk 4Gb MicroSDHC from Amazon.com too and I have no issues whatsoever. The best thing is to use the adaptor and connect to your computer directly to transfer large amounts of files since the USB cable is a bit slower. (More like a lot slower lol)

Good luck
    10-25-07 01:51 AM
    If you have an Amazon Prime account, I've found that almost no one can beat the combination of price, shipping and customer protection and service. You do soend $80 /yr for Prime but you get free 2-day shipping (most times) and since I order a lot from Amazon, its been worth it.

I ordered two 2GB Kigston MicroSD, one for me (Curve) and one for my wife (using a Samsung). Both required no effort to get working.

Next month I'm ordering a 4GB
    10-26-07 12:59 PM
    If you have an Amazon Prime account, I've found that almost no one can beat the combination of price, shipping and customer protection and service. You do soend $80 /yr for Prime but you get free 2-day shipping (most times) and since I order a lot from Amazon, its been worth it.

I ordered two 2GB Kigston MicroSD, one for me (Curve) and one for my wife (using a Samsung). Both required no effort to get working.

Next month I'm ordering a 4GB
    i may do prime next year. I started to purchase stuff from amazon because ebay got annoying and now the prices are comparable.
    10-26-07 02:35 PM
    I purchased a Sandisk 6GB micro SDHC card (from Amazon) for my Curve; received it on Monday and installed it the same day...I had no trouble installing it, and the device showed 5.6GB of available memory. I used the adapter to transfer all my files from my 2GB card to the 6GB card (gave the 2gig one to my boyfriend for his Curve)--had no trouble there either...I can't wait to get my hands on an 8GB card!!!

P.S. I am using a Curve with 4.2.2.180
    11-03-07 06:40 AM
    I agree with everyone, i just got my Sandisk 4GB on Monday and later that day found out that Sandisk just released an 8GB microSD. (i was pissed!!!! ) Either way, i just popped it in and everything was in working order, i will probably pass my 4GB to my girlfriend when she gets her Curve in a few weeks and get the 8GB anyway....
    11-03-07 09:31 AM
    I purchased a Sandisk 4GB card from Amazon and it works great. I put it into my Curve first thing to format it and then I transferred files from my 2GB via my reader. I have more than enough storage space for the time being so I probably won't be buying anything larger anytime soon.
    11-05-07 08:09 AM
    Would I need to get the microsd or a regular sandisk?
    11-05-07 11:31 AM
    san disk is the brand name just make sure u get a Micro SD card
    11-05-07 05:01 PM
    Can someone tell me if I have do anything to microSD card before putting it in BB? I bought a SanDisk brand 4GB SDHC card and put it straight in, and BB did not recognize it. I then tried to plug the card into my laptop using the SD adaptor and a SD card reader and it appeared the card was dead, so I am returning to place I bought it. Now I have a 4GB SDHC Kingston card coming (higher speed rating), and I want to make sure it works. I read some stuff about the cards never working in the BB if you don't format them on your desktop first, although that seems weird. I just want to make sure this card works in my BB with no hassles.

Also, what is the easiest way to put stuff on the card once in the Blackberry? Is there a way to drag and drop in Windows instead of using BB desktop manager/media manager?
    11-06-07 11:21 AM
    i didn't experience any issues with my Sandisk card, i just popped it into the phone and everything was good to go. Also i am a Mac user so all i do when the phone is connected to the computer is drag and drop files into particular folders and i am good to go. If you are using a PC you more than likely will have to add your media through the Roxio manager.
    11-06-07 11:59 AM
    i didn't experience any issues with my Sandisk card, i just popped it into the phone and everything was good to go. Also i am a Mac user so all i do when the phone is connected to the computer is drag and drop files into particular folders and i am good to go. If you are using a PC you more than likely will have to add your media through the Roxio manager.
    Yup, popping it into the BB should format it no problem.

I have a PC and prefer not to use Roxio. After connecting the BB to DM and that little pop up window comes up that asks what I want to do, I scroll to the bottom and select "OPEN FOLDER TO VIEW FILES". Then you can see the blackberry folder, and when you click on that you will see the music, videos, pictures and ringtones folders. Click on a folder to open and you can drag and drop or copy-paste files that way.
    11-08-07 01:15 AM
    Hello Everyone,

Newbie here. I just bought Curve 8320 and try to install Sandisk 6GB and it formatted to 1.6GB. What gives?
    Anyone having same kind of problem? Anyone have any idea how to fix it?
    I'm running V4.2.2.180 Other BB owners are doing fine with V4.2.2.180

I've tried to reformat on PC and it didn't work.

Fixed it!!!
    I've found SD Formatter at
    SD Memory Card Formatting Software | SD/SDHC Memory Card | Digital AV | Product Support | Support | Panasonic Global
    and it WORKED!!!

I've re-claimed my lost spaces.
    Thanks anyway fellow BB Lovers.....
    Last edited by DotheCurve; 12-10-07 at 10:44 PM.
    12-10-07 10:09 PM
    when you then put the 6gb card into the berry, did it recognize the media card and add the four files? (videos, photos, music, ringtones)
    12-12-07 01:32 PM
    i got the sandisck microsdhc in my berry 8320. it will only format to 3.7 and never to the full 4GB. i hope this hlelps anyone.
    12-12-07 07:56 PM
    Thanks, everyone, for the info! I was worried that a micro SDHC card might not be compatible with my new 8310, but, apparently, it is.

i got the sandisck microsdhc in my berry 8320. it will only format to 3.7 and never to the full 4GB. i hope this hlelps anyone.
    That's because the storage device manufacturers like to "stretch the truth" when they market their products. The actual size will never be as much as they claim. For instance, with your 4GB card:

Their Math
    4,000,000,000 bytes / 1000 / 1000 / 1000 = 4GB

The Truth
    4,000,000,000 bytes / 1024 / 1024 / 1024 = 3.725... GB
    Last edited by Gren; 03-27-08 at 01:17 PM.
    03-27-08 01:15 PM
    We've heard from a couple of you who have gotten the 6GB card to work in the 8320. What about 8GB? Does anybody know what the hardware might be capable of when the 16GB and 32GB SDHC cards hit the market?

Thanks!
    06-17-08 12:06 AM
    I'm wondering if it will not work @ all or just read a part of it?

Hey all you gurus? Any luck?

Nevermind...I got an answer, thx anyway!
    Last edited by JoziGrrl; 06-20-08 at 01:22 PM. Reason: found an answer, no need to have it answered 2x
    06-20-08 11:15 AM
    whats the answer tot his? will 8gb work with the 8330?
    08-05-08 01:19 PM
    Have a look at this post http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/micr...c-cards-46673/

* BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0 Up to 2GB microSD
    * BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 Up to 4GB microSDHC
    * BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 Up to 4GB microSDHC
    * BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0 Up to 8GB microSDHC
    * BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0 Up to 8GB microSDHC
    * BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 Up to 32GB microSDHC - rumored for the Bold et al
    * Verizon 4.2.2.196 OS supports up to 8GB source JeffH - thanks
    08-05-08 03:30 PM
    whats the answer tot his? will 8gb work with the 8330?
    This thread was from 2007...

And Pete is spot-on, check his info. Your 8330 should work fine with an 8Gb
    08-05-08 03:32 PM
    i have a 2G for my curve, and a 2G for my wife's 8120, no problem on both cards...i just got the card out of the box and put it into the phone!! and that was it!!!
    08-05-08 03:44 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD