Hello to all CB members,

I am new to this forum so please be patient with me when it comes to terminology. Here is my current scenario:

I run Windows Vista Business 64bit on my desktop (fully updated) with BB desktop manager installed. When I connect my blackberry to charge, I get a BSOD (blue screen of death). For the love of me I can't figure out why it happens. The blue screen only happens when i want to connect my blackberry to charge.

Does anyone know a solution to this problem?
    09-10-09 07:31 PM
    I assume you've already rebooted both the PC and the BB?

If that doesn't work, you might want to try uninstalling DM via Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs, or whatever it's called in Vista now, then reinstall DM. What version of DM are you using?

I use Vista Home Premium Edition 64-bit and don't have the problems you are having. After DM is installed, go to the icon and right click for properties and select Run As Administrator.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 09:15 PM
    I assume you've already rebooted both the PC and the BB?

If that doesn't work, you might want to try uninstalling DM via Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs, or whatever it's called in Vista now, then reinstall DM. What version of DM are you using?

I use Vista Home Premium Edition 64-bit and don't have the problems you are having. After DM is installed, go to the icon and right click for properties and select Run As Administrator.

If you mean reboot as in reinstall, then no. Vista is a fresh install. Haven't touched the Phone OS at all.

Just wondering, I have other machines such as Win 7 that doesn't have BB DM install and charges just fine. Is it a necessity to have (other than the basics for os updates and such)?
    09-10-09 09:56 PM
    Yes, DM is necessary. You should be doing regular backups on your BB.

09-10-09 10:01 PM
    Yes, DM is necessary. You should be doing regular backups on your BB.

Don't have much important stuff on my BB. So was I right with what I assumed about your comment in regards to a reboot?
    09-10-09 10:09 PM
    No, I just meant to reboot your PC and do a battery pull on your BB to reset your BB.

09-10-09 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD