My BlackBerry 8320 ver 4.5.0.174 deleted all the SMS from Inbox. SMS sent items and saved items are there. In messages option i had keep messages forever selected, but still all my sms got wiped out from Inbox. I have searched google a lot but have not found any such result which answered my question.
    Can anyone tell me why it got deleted? some links suggested that as there was low memory it deleted the messages but wont it confirm with me before deleting the sms?
    02-28-12 04:01 PM
    it was due to low memory.
    and no it will not confirm
    02-28-12 04:50 PM
    Well that's very strange from a device to do. Haven't faced this problem on other platforms. Well the free memory is of 4MB and it drops automatically. I do alt+right shift+del and do battery pull to fix it. But can u tell me at what low memory it starts deleting sms? And will it also delete my contacts?
    I became very sad and unhappy about BB today. I liked BB a lot.
    02-28-12 06:08 PM
    Maybe its time for a upgrade to a newer BB which doesn't have any memory problems
    02-28-12 08:45 PM
    It still keeps deleting each and every SMS from Inbox i can not afford to buy a new BB now so I dont know what to do...i deleted all the app i could and now its 6mb free space but my BB is still going on deleting all my sms from inbox HELP
    02-29-12 03:15 AM
    same thing that is happening to me and I don't know what to do either
    12-20-12 01:05 PM
    Please refer to this: How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com
    It describes your situation perfectly. And I do recommend buying a cheap memory card for the phone, if you haven't got one already.
    12-27-12 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD