Hi all, I need some help with an odd situation..

I have an Executive who carries an ATT 8310 and reads his mail and makes calls.

I have a secretary who also logs into his outlook and reads his mail.

Basically the two people are separate and the executive reads mail, responds, deletes, etc. He never uses a computer though so the BB is his only gateway to mail.

The secretary reads, deletes and responds to his mail and prints messages and leaves them for him.

The executive NEVER wants the read/unread icon to change unless HE reads a message. This way he knows what he has read or hasnt read.

So I have wireless reconcile off, and basically it has worked fine most of the time.

The issue now is that the secretary is so FAST reading the mail, that here is what happens.

An email comes in to his outlook, many times almost instant the secretary opens his messages so FAST that she makes it go READ and within 1 minute the message is sent to his BB, and if he reads it in this early window, it will send it with a READ status on the BB.

I really cant get the secretary to wait a minute or two to read his mail so this is a hard one.

I called T Support and they also said I might be able to decrease the time to get the mesaage to the BB which I did by making his account a static agent and this helped a lot.

The window before was about 3 minutes before it got to his ATT BB and now its less than 30 seconds to his BB. But the problem is that the secretary reads a few messages a day in under 30 seconds, and when the BES sends it to the BB it sends it in the read status.

This is tricky and I can use some help, this is a serious issue for the exec, and I would be willing to even pay for some help if I need to.

Thank you for any help you can give.
    Chris
    Last edited by cwilliams2; 04-03-09 at 06:58 PM.
    04-03-09 06:43 PM
    i dont use BES or outlook but heres a few ideas. im assuming your using exchange. cant you make outlook poll on a longer time frame than the BB? If not you could remove the secretary and have the boss's mail BCC and auto forward to her account. this way all his mails looks new. I am sure theres a better way to do this but it an idea.
    04-03-09 06:58 PM
    Thanks for the repsonse, but I think the polling interval only applies when you are doing rpc over https.
    04-03-09 07:23 PM
    This has to with BES. I might recommend you post this situation in the Blackberry professional forum. Just a thought, as most in here usually run with BIS. Not to say you will not get answer, but the other forum might be faster.

Do you have T-code with RIM? If so, then they might be your resource for this.

Good luck
    04-03-09 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD