Well, recently, my 8310's trackball hasn't been pressing. It clicks, but it doesn't actually do anything. I decided to clean it out to see if that was the problem. It worked for a few seconds, then it started being erratic again, requiring pressure to press the button. I reset the BB, and cleaned it out again. Upon this reset, the T,Y,G, and H key's backlighting was going blinky-blinky, and the Escape button types the charachters "hl" (that's an L).

Right now it's sitting on my desk with the battery out. What should I do? Get it fixed, or exchange it (if I can find that on the AT&T website)? It used to be my dad's from Bank of America, so it's about a year and a half old.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: I should back it up, going to do so now.
    08-04-09 01:20 PM
    Did you get any liquids on it recently?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 01:27 PM
    I didn't spill anything, but, actually, I think it probably was the attempt to fix the problem by cleaning the area around the trackball assembly, and some of the alcohol (which happens to have water in it) might have drifted to the keys.
    08-04-09 01:30 PM
    Ok, here is a status update. The buttons work fine, the lights work fine. One problem though: the trackball button still won't press! Thank GOD for the enter button, as it provides similar function to the trackball button.

So, now, does anyone have thoughts about what to do and if I need to send it in for repair or something?
    08-04-09 03:21 PM
    There is a vid on youtube I think(if not youtube google it) on fixing the clicker in the trackball. *warning it's no simple task from what I've seen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD