My son just got a new phone so i inherited his Blackberry 8310 curve it is unlocked and i just put my sims card in and i have been using it for a couple of weeks with no problem whatsover.( Love it). Last night I bought a SD sandisk 2gb card and put some music and a few pictures on it. IMMEDIATLEY after my phone is showing hourglass, black screen , battery dying faster. I took the card out and it is still doing it. I even did the battery pull nothing is working what did i do? Anyone have a solution? I am new to owning this and I don't know much about the blackberry yet. Thank You!
    12-20-09 09:57 AM
    So there is no media card in it right now and you did a battery pull with device on with battery out at least 30 secs... Did you load in apps or enable facebook or any online stuff? And you are closing apps with menu, close not the red end button... What is your memory? options, status... also alt and back key will show what apps you are running (5 run all the time)
    12-20-09 10:14 AM
    No i did nothing different i don't use anything online on this phone at all. just texting and calls. just put in the sd card. i don't know how to check the memory i am lookin for it now. it shows i am running 4 applications.I know it has to do with the sd card as soon as i put it in there the problems begun.i am so confused.
    12-20-09 10:29 AM
    i am charging it now i just went over to the icon on screen where u can put it to vibrate or loud ring,etc and got a black screen when i tried changing it to quiet mode.
    12-20-09 10:33 AM
    anyone have and idea....should i restore it completley?
    12-20-09 12:59 PM
    memory is in options, status be sure you have more than 10 mbs free. If the phone is still doing the resets or problems without the card you may need to wipe and reinstall the os. This info and more is under help at the top of page blackberry 101's. Can't imagine the card causing this since it is not installed...
    12-20-09 06:00 PM
    Software wipe and restore would be the way to go imo
    12-21-09 01:02 AM
    I'm running into a similar problem, just started about 2 weeks ago. Phone will go black and dead in the middle of stuff. Battery is typically at 85% or higher, memory is 20K or above -- I run very few apps and generally keep them closed. Keep GPS and Bluetooth off, etc. etc.

Downloaded and installed OS v 4.5 earlier this summer from AT&T website.

The phone was purchased April 2008 -- am using the original battery.

Why this is suddenly happening is beyond me. Any suggestions besides reinstalling OS? (I may do just that!)

Thanks!
    12-21-09 12:56 PM
    Get a different memory card. Some times, your phone will have problems with
    a memory card and give you that hourglass screen.
    12-21-09 04:03 PM
    No i did nothing different i don't use anything online on this phone at all. just texting and calls. just put in the sd card. i don't know how to check the memory i am lookin for it now. it shows i am running 4 applications.I know it has to do with the sd card as soon as i put it in there the problems begun. i am so confused.

You are right. Try using a different memory card. I had the same trouble until I bought a new one.
    12-22-09 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD