Hello, I'm a newbie CrackBerry, and was looking to see if anyone knew how to use the new BlackBerry 8300 (Curve) as a modem on a laptop?
    Any help would be appreciated thanks.
    06-25-07 01:38 AM
    I use my 7105T with t-mobile as a modem. The 8300 also has the ability to be used as a modem. T-mobile includes ththering in their unlimited data plan. However, other providers seem to charge extra. I might be wrong so check my info out. Blackberryfourm.com has the setup info, do a search.
    Setup on XP was a snap. Vista (my nnotebook runs on Vista Business) setup was a little different so i used trial and error until I got it to run.
    Perhaps someone can offer easy to understand instructions for the Vista setup?
    06-25-07 08:16 AM
    Tell us who your carrier is and we can help out a little more.
    06-25-07 09:27 AM
    I'll also like to know more about this too. I will check out BBForums soon, to see if they still have information on this as mentioned by BBmaan.

However, kasperapd, if you have any input on this that will be cool. My carrier is Cingular.
    06-25-07 09:49 AM
    With Cingular you have to pay an extra monthly fee to be able able to tether.
    06-25-07 11:07 AM
    Be careful what Cingular(AT&T) sells you when you buy a data plan. I called for a plan and specifically requested a tethering plan several times during the conversation with their associate. She sold me what she called the blackberry personal max-tethering for $39.99 per month. After a week of trying to get it to work I got on the live chat at AT&T and was told I had the wrong plan for tethering, That I needed the blackberry tethering plan for $59.99 per month. He hooked me up while I stayed online with him and lo and behold after he switched it, it connected right up. Now if you want text messaging and such it puts the plan at $74.99. I didn't but let him add pay per use messaging just in case.
    06-26-07 03:25 AM
    Been 1 week now that I have been using BB Curve as tethered modem with no problems.
    You can get configurations online and all I got from my carrier was their APN and it works fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-07 09:46 AM
    Solachica, As a TSTT customer I did the configuration for my curve as a tethered modem but I may not have apn,username and password part correct.can you assist?

09-09-07 10:29 PM
    You don't need a user name and password as you are not actually using dial up as in dial up internet to connect.

09-10-07 09:11 PM
    I am trying to tether mine too, but i cant get it to show dial up in windows?

I don t know what I am doing???????
    09-16-07 08:09 PM
    Tonyyvnn do a search on this forum and you would come up with detailed instructions on how to do the configurations.
    It was all posted before.

09-16-07 08:17 PM
    Guys here is the link to the post

forums.crackberry.com/f52/using-curve-modem-3591/
    10-13-07 07:40 PM
    Guys here is the link to the post

forums.crackberry.com/f52/using-curve-modem-3591/
    I couldn't find the link you posted above. Can you give the full link again?

Thanks!
    10-22-07 11:13 PM
    i had ALL of what is recommended with my 8125 Windows units. Coudl only get 115k baud but it was fine for VPN and a few emails on exchange.

Have the bluetooth connection to the BB Curve working and it queries fine, however the [email protected] and cingular1 password seems to not be recognized either upper or lower or mixed etc.

My question is there and EDGE network login?
    10-23-07 06:48 PM
    i had ALL of what is recommended with my 8125 Windows units. Coudl only get 115k baud but it was fine for VPN and a few emails on exchange.

Have the bluetooth connection to the BB Curve working and it queries fine, however the [email protected] and cingular1 password seems to not be recognized either upper or lower or mixed etc.

My question is there and EDGE network login?

I have a Curve 8310 and I am having the same problem - Using a Blueooth connection to my Windows XP Laptop, I can get to the dial up and Verify UserName and Password part, but then I get an Error 718 (server not responding in a timely fashion).

I am using ATT and I have [email protected] and CINGULAR1 (per my APN settings in advanced>TCP on my BB).

Anyone have a solution?!? How do we log into the the AT&T network?

Thanks!
    11-02-07 03:59 PM
    A T-Mobile Blackberry support technicians told me yesterday that the modem string that everyone has been trying to use to allow their BB Curve to act as a bluetooth modem has a glitch. He said that he heard that a new modem string is being developed to solve the problem and should be available in a couple of weeks. Check back with Ross Barkman's home page at www. taniwha.org.uk Ross Barkman's Home Page in a few weeks.

11-02-07 04:40 PM
    A T-Mobile Blackberry support technicians told me yesterday that the modem string that everyone has been trying to use to allow their BB Curve to act as a bluetooth modem has a glitch. He said that he heard that a new modem string is being developed to solve the problem and should be available in a couple of weeks. Check back with Ross Barkman's home page at www. taniwha.org.uk Ross Barkman's Home Page in a few weeks.

Thanks for the info! Is that an ISP specific string, or a devide specific string?

Thanks!
    11-02-07 04:47 PM
    Thanks for the info! Is that an ISP specific string, or a devide specific string?

Thanks!
    Device specific string. You should be able to use it with any carrier.
    11-02-07 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD