My Curve battery sucks but I use it literally all day long. I have to keep my charger in my purse. I charge it overnight then in the evenings its gotta be charged again. I really do use it alot but geez bbs are meant to be used and have a lot of features so the battery should be able to hold up in my opinion. And what is the big difference between using standby mode and just locking the keypad? How and why does that hold battery life longer?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 11:46 PM
    My Curve (about 1 year old) also dies unexpectedly on me every afternoon, while showing the battery as 2/3 or more charged.

I want to replace the battery...can someone recommend or comment on the ones available, and their quality and price?

Muchas Gracias,

Y*
    Bump. I'm looking for the same thing. Not an extended life battery, but just a replacement. I've had problems with OEM replacement batteries for other electronic devices so am looking for something good - and for low
    06-10-09 10:35 AM
    I use my 8330 Curve moderately every day (from 7AM to 11PM) and have always been able to get two full days out of a charge. I must just be lucky. Keeping fingers crossed nothing changes.
    06-10-09 01:20 PM
    I have a 8800, and NEVER turn Bluetooth off. And, I get almost three days of use, and am constantly on it - email, internet, crackberry.com, Pin Messenger, and of course talking on it.

I personally don't believe ANY mobile device these days should give less than two solid days of use; battery wise that is...
    Interesting. But isn't this the 8300 thread?
    06-11-09 10:29 AM
    I had the same issue...
    I had a charger at work and one at home so that I wouldn't run out during the day - the battery seemed to drain faster. I think I was over-charging it.

and here is what I did.

I let my battery drain totally - took all day.. turned it off and put it on the charger overnight.

After that - I can go 2-3 days without charging it at all.. the key is to let it get low, turn it off and let it charge til it's done (usually about an hour) and repeat the complete drains once a week.

It worked for me - hopefully it works for others.
    06-24-09 11:10 AM
    I just got my Blackberry Curve yesterday, and i used to have a Motorola Razr, and just in the last 24 hours ive been bugging my family with me being so amazed on how long this battery lasts over that lame razr. Im expecting great things from this phone. Wish me luck.
    06-24-09 01:44 PM
    I use my Curve heavily as an MP3 player and E-Mail Texting Device, but I dont make many phone calls. Usually an hour or less a day. I get 3 full days out of my curve, and I have no holster. Turn the screen brightness down to 30, 40 or 50 from the standard 70 or 100 and the battery life gets much better. Best of all, you will hardly even notice the difference. I took my curve off the charger Tuesday morning at 6am. and between Tuesday and Sunday night, I charged it once. I got Tuesday, Wed, and Thursday out of one charge. Charged Thursday night, then I got Friday, Saturday and Sunday before charging it Sunday night into Monday morning. Even getting the 3 days out of it, I have about 10% left on it when I put it on charge. HOWEVER. If I make more phone calls the battery life is drained ALARMINGLY quickly. The Curve's battery is directly related to talk time. This past week I haven't called much, the battery lasted 3 days. Other times I call a lot and the battery is very dead on day 2, sometimes not even making it 2 days.
    I set my backlight to 10% and don't have a problem reading it and if I do, probably shouldn't be trying to read it anyway...
    06-24-09 03:49 PM
    My wife's VZW Curve is about one month old. She charges it at night, with almost no use, it runs out about 2pm.

My Tour last 3 days.

What ycould be the matter with a new phone/battery that would make it do this?

jr
    09-24-09 02:33 PM
    Wo! Old Thread; But a goodie!

Heres a link to some battery info I found and bookmarked: blackberryfaq.com Battery Life

I think signal strength makes a big difference, after upgrading to 4.5...69; mine seemed weaker; I started to turn off the radio (manage connections); ..

Then I found out about Quick Launch, now I launch QL with the side button, and scroll down to "Turn Radio Off" whenever I'm busy and don't need such personal interaction with the Berry. The battery will stay juiced for at least two days..maybe more; it made a huge difference in mine.
    But I live in a "third world" like area with no high speed cable, and no cell reception; I have to drive 20 minutes to get a signal.
    09-24-09 05:48 PM
    This just started happening with my Curve a couple of days ago.

My battery would last multiple days before I had to charge it. I charged
    last night and unplugged from the outlet this morning and I'm down to a quarter charge.. Something is definitely wrong.
    01-06-10 11:47 AM
    Ive had my curve for about 2 weeks now i charge nightly and daily the battery dies around 3-4pm. Theres certainly a problem here.
    02-24-10 06:36 PM
    What OS are you running. I have 4.5.0.138 and I get 2-2/12 days out of mine. I updated to .175 version when it came out and it killed my battery in 2/3 of a day. I downgraded back to .138 and all is well now. I don't see much of a difference between either version.
    02-24-10 06:43 PM
    Ok, so...

I have downloaded iheartradio for my 8330 Curve and, since i have been using it all day, i have had a roller coaster ride with battery life. I use my 8330 for personal and work, which means that i have to have it plugged in all day, every day, while working, otherwise my emails forward to the phone. I have replaced the battery twice now. Some times when i unplug and go home for the day, the battery is dead by morning. Other times, like on a Friday night, i can make it all the way to Monday morning without needing to charge. It makes no sense to me. I have the newest OS too. I hate this!!!
    02-25-10 03:05 PM
    I've has my phone for 2 years and recently I've had to charge my phone daily. My usage has stayed the same, not sure what's with it except age of battery...
    02-25-10 04:48 PM
    I've noticed the same since upgrading in January. I might have to downgrade. I like others get the Berry shutting off in the middle of working on something with the battery meter showing 2/3 charged. And when I connect it to the charger it shows up with no power and a red meter.
    So its either time for a new battery or downgrade my OS. I would hate to spend money and its not the battery. Any suggestions?

Dizzy

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-26-10 11:59 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD