Blackberry 8300 A couple problems, it just turned off and will not turn back on no matter what I do! I have taken out the battery MANY times for different amounts of time each time and it still will not turn on. Also, one day it just stopped ringing! The alarm vibrates but doesn't ring, calls don't ring or vibrate nor do texts. Another thing, one day the phone started showing a red SOS symbol where reception bars used to be. Took it into ATT and they gave me a new SIM card...worked for an hour then back to SOS. I mainly have the problem in my home where I ALWAYS had reception since I became an ATT customer in 1999. PLEASE HELP!!! THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! Thank you!! Also, my plan is up...anyone have any suggestions as to which carrier has the best deal as far as a family plan? Looking for rollover minutes, a plan with between 400 - 750 minutes, would like the internet but it isn't necessary if it will save me a lot of money, and I would like a generous texting plan, ideally unlimited. Stay with ATT? TMobile? Verizon? Sprint? Any others I don't know about? Thank you!
    04-15-10 11:09 AM
    The primary suspect is your battery.

Lithium-ion batteries have a life expectancy determined by several factors including operating tempetures and charging rates. In normal use, they will hold less charge as they age until they wont hold enough charge to power up the device.

Try a replacement with a known good battery to verify.
    04-15-10 11:34 AM
    Family plan recommendation: Sprint Everything Data. Good for all smartphones; first two lines $130; additional lines $20. 1500 minutes total, but you shouldn't come close, because calls to/from other mobile numbers don't count towards your usage. Unlimited texting and data.
    04-15-10 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD