Hello.

I was just wondering if I could Black Housing for my Curve other than the housing available at cnn.cn?

Reason being is I ordered and installed the Black housing from cnn.cn, and within a few days the plastic lens started to pop out on the right side, and I had to remove the foam gasked to make the housing fit good. Also the housing I received didn't have the small LED reflector piece.

I really want Black Housing on my curve, but I dont want to sacrifice the quality of my phone

Thanks!
    02-19-09 03:46 PM
    Have you emailed them, The person i talked to when i had problems took care of me..... From Cnn.cn

Have you checked Ebay?
    02-19-09 05:17 PM
    I thought you were getting a Storm and selling the Curve?
    02-19-09 05:20 PM
    I thought you were getting a Storm and selling the Curve?
    you guys talked me out of it
    02-19-09 05:57 PM
    Have you emailed them, The person i talked to when i had problems took care of me..... From Cnn.cn

Have you checked Ebay?
    I have checked eBay, but I always figured the best housing pieces would come from cnn.cn
    02-19-09 06:00 PM
    I have checked eBay, but I always figured the best housing pieces would come from cnn.cn
    Ehh it depends, some have had good luck with cnn.cn and some have not. But their are a few sites. let me see if I can find the threads where people listed some good places to get housings.
    02-19-09 06:22 PM
    I ordered mine from Ebay, I think GSM4World was the name of the seller. I haven't had any problems out of it whatsoever, and I received it in about a week from the time I ordered it.
    02-19-09 10:59 PM
    all the fitment was good and no problems with the screen? can you post a pic of it?
    02-20-09 12:08 AM
    I got mine from GSM4world on eBay as well, fit was good but there was no foam gasket included to seal between the lens and LCD, also no fabric covering the earpiece hole.

It did come with T5 and T6 screwdrivers and a case spreader plastic tool though, as well as a black trackball.

Lots of pics in the link of my signature for regular posts (doesn't show on wap), search for my regular posts, or search for Dyed trackball picture gallery thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 12:22 AM
    can i just transfer all of that from my old housing to the new housing?
    02-20-09 12:33 AM
    For the unlucky ones who had problems with the foam, what was your ultimate solution?

Removing the foam seems to be the most common solution. That can cause dust to collect on the screen.

Can cnn.cn or any other vendor send you a foam that fits?

Besides the lens popping/foam issue, does the rest of the housing hold together well without rattling/etc.? In other words, can their "OEM" replacement housings fit like the original OEM housings?
    02-20-09 12:40 AM
    I am having some doubts about the "OEM" labeling of cnn.cn's housings. If they are truly OEM (a RIM/Blackberry manufactured product) then they should fit just like the original housings... but that's not the case.

As SubyWill indicated, can all the foam stuff be transferred from the old housing to the new housing?
    02-20-09 12:43 AM
    No, the foam is very thin and breaks easily if you try to remove it. There is a link posted in another thread for the foam gasket, it was to gsm4world's website. The foam gasket is $3.99 plus shipping.

02-20-09 12:50 AM
    even if i heat it up real nice and peel it off slowly? can you post the link to the other thread please?

well i bit the bullet and ordered my black housing from gsm4world on ebay just now so i hope everything goes smoothly lol
    02-20-09 12:59 AM
    Google gsm4world and the website comes up.
    The foam lens gasket is under Blackberry link, 8300/8320/8310 link. Its $3.99 w/free shipping through March.

02-20-09 01:12 AM
    I got mine from GSM4world on eBay as well, fit was good but there was no foam gasket included to seal between the lens and LCD, also no fabric covering the earpiece hole.

It did come with T5 and T6 screwdrivers and a case spreader plastic tool though, as well as a black trackball.

Lots of pics in the link of my signature for regular posts (doesn't show on wap), search for my regular posts, or search for Dyed trackball picture gallery thread.

Search for my thread on how to add a metal cover for the ear piece!
    02-20-09 01:15 AM
    I used a piece of foam that I sliced very thin, then glued it in place.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/blu...6/#post1687768
    02-20-09 06:31 AM
    I used a piece of foam that I sliced very thin, then glued it in place.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/blu...6/#post1687768

ditto. seems to be working good so far too.

got my complete black housing from gsm4world and it didnt come with the foam seal or the cover for the ear speaker. still have to make the cover for the ear speaker if i cant transfer it over from my 8310 housing without destroying it.
    02-20-09 05:39 PM
    anybody ever heard of a black rubberized casing? that would be sweet!
    02-20-09 05:49 PM
    i have the black skins from my 8300/10/20 faceplate days but the cutout for the led doesnt line up properly and looks like crap. the rocketfish one covers half the led and the screen is always dim since it thinks im in a darker area. dont really like the look of the cases as it makes it look generic and brick like.
    02-21-09 10:28 AM
    I purchased my wife a prowler purple housing for berryware.ca and it seems to fit and work perfectly. Just in case anyone is looking for some other places to purchase housings.
    02-21-09 01:24 PM
    I purchased my wife a prowler purple housing for berryware.ca and it seems to fit and work perfectly. Just in case anyone is looking for some other places to purchase housings.
    Hi there!
    Really glad you liked the purple prowler housing for your wife's CURVE.
    I'm currently using the purple myself, it's really sweet.
    Are there any other colors you'd like to see offered?
    Check out the site -
    Home page
    03-19-09 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD