So I got a Black Berry curve 8320 about 6 months ago, treated it well, never really dropped it, got it dirty, and especially never got it wet. Yesterday I was making a few phone calls and texting, the battery was almost fully charged. I put the phone away in my pocket after Im done using it, and about 30mins later I pull it out to use it. It was off so i tried to turn it back on, nothing. tried charging it for an hour, still nothing, no LED blinks while charging, tried USB charger and wall charger???? I don't understand... didn't get it wet or anything... Im thinking maybe the battery went bad?? I hope thats it, im taking it to tmobile to try a replacement battery, any ideas anyone??
    06-30-08 03:55 AM
    Same thing happened to my 8310 yesterday. When trying to charge it, the red light came on for few seconds and then disappeared. When trying to power up while plugged in, sometimes an icon of battery with a lightning bolt across it showed up for a second or so.
    I swapped battery from other phone and it worked OK, so I assumed it was dead battery issue. I took it to local ATT store and they gave me new one without any hassle. Since it was a new battery, only have charged, they told me to charge it overnight.
    This morning the battery was fully discharged while plugged in. There is a little icon on the right side of the meter indicating that it is plugged in.
    I guess something else is wrong.

I'm waiting till 7AM now so I can call warranty support.
    06-30-08 05:42 AM
    Well, bad news, at least in my case.... damaged USB connector, not covered by the warranty. My options are to replace the unit (basically buy new one) or have it fixed by RIM (don't know how much they would charge).

Now that I know what's causing it, I found the way to bypass it; I've noticed that when I plug in the charger, but not all the way in, and at the slight angle, it is still charging. Same goes for connection to PC.

BTW. the ATT rep asked me if I have insurance. When I told him that it wasn't offered when I purchased the phone 5 months ago, he informed me that they do offer it no. He didn't know if I can add it now. Any ideas?
    06-30-08 08:22 PM
    good luck in fixing ur problem!
    06-30-08 08:27 PM
    well to see if your phone still works you can take out the battery and plug it in you PC a little battery icon should pop out
    06-30-08 11:52 PM
    Did you have anything else electronic in your pocket too? credit cards, etc. check to see if they are still working. You might have walked too close to a magnet or something and not known it. I am not sure the magnitude of a field it would take to mess up the internal digital structure but I am sure it is possible.
    07-01-08 01:19 AM
    Welcome to CB and good luck.
    07-01-08 01:24 AM
    Okay i have had the same problem as most of you(white death screen, no power, no led, no usb), what i did to correct the problem was to remove the sealed 7 hole metal cover on the motherboard, attached with adhesive, once removed the was a noticeable amount of dust accumulated between the usb connection and a chipset, once cleaned with rubbing alcohol, the led whole blackberry came back to life, you have to be careful when removing the metal cover as the strong adhesive tends to take a small amount of the green board with it, i used a sharp knife to remove some of the red adhesive and a corkscrew to pry the plate off

Hope this helps, if it isnt under warrenty and isnt working, you have nothing to lose
    11-29-09 11:50 PM
    Okay i have had the same problem as most of you(white death screen, no power, no led, no usb), what i did to correct the problem was to remove the sealed 7 hole metal cover on the motherboard, attached with adhesive, once removed the was a noticeable amount of dust accumulated between the usb connection and a chipset, once cleaned with rubbing alcohol, the led whole blackberry came back to life, you have to be careful when removing the metal cover as the strong adhesive tends to take a small amount of the green board with it, i used a sharp knife to remove some of the red adhesive and a corkscrew to pry the plate off

Hope this helps, if it isnt under warrenty and isnt working, you have nothing to lose
    This actually worked for me. I had a 100% dead berry from water damage and was sitting around for a few months and nothing I tried could get any response. no light or usb reading at all. Even tried baking board to no avail. So I figured what the ****....

Removed the plate and scrubbed the corroded crap off circuit board with an old toothbrush, let it dry overnight and pop, USB connect! 20 minutes later with a wipe/os install I had full use and am using it weeks later 100%.

Last resort for sure. But it was garbage so I gave it a shot and what do ya know. Even when I was doing it I thought it was just silly. But hey....

Thanks for the tip.
    Cheers
    03-24-10 11:45 PM
    OK - I have tried everything, and I'm in the same boat - I have a Blackberry Curve 9530, it was working one minute, now...NOTHING (won't power on, no USB, NADA). Took it to the Sprint store, called Blackberry - I need this phone to work because I have so much information for my business and I MUST GET IT POWERED BACK ON (stupid me, I have not backed it up or synched it in over a year). PLEASE, SOMEONE OUT THERE, HELP!!
    03-02-11 11:05 AM
    OK - I have tried everything, and I'm in the same boat - I have a Blackberry Curve 9530, it was working one minute, now...NOTHING (won't power on, no USB, NADA). Took it to the Sprint store, called Blackberry - I need this phone to work because I have so much information for my business and I MUST GET IT POWERED BACK ON (stupid me, I have not backed it up or synched it in over a year). PLEASE, SOMEONE OUT THERE, HELP!!
    This just happened to my wife's phone. Totally dead - no lights at all even when replacing the battery. Likely the power supply failed. If you *really* need the data, the only option may be to have RIM repair it for you - and of course let them know that you need the data intact.
    03-21-11 10:08 AM
    My wife's Curve 9320 (Three contract) stopped working last Friday - completely dead. I tried various solutions that others had suggested on sites like this but all to no avail. I took it to a Three Shop the following day and they determined that there had been liquid ingress (deduced from the fact that what was a little white square near to the battery terminals was now red) and that the device was now caput. When I returned home the phone was put onto a shelf and we decided to return on Monday to the Three shop and buy a replacement. At exactly 16:00hrs on Sunday, I heard the Curve ringing. Puzzled, I picked it up and in a black rectangle in the centre of the screen was a message informing "A memory card with an error on it has been put into the phone. Do you want it repairing?" The memory card had been inserted just after she acquired the device months before and had not been touched since. Somewhat surprised, I clicked on the affirmative button. Another black rectangle appeared requesting to confirm the date and time. I did this and all the outstanding inbox messages appeared and the phone is now working perfectly as normal (I can hear it ringing now at the other end of the house!). Where the black box messages originated I have no idea and how it was repaired I have no idea. All that I do know is that the mobile was totally inoperable for about two and a half days, wouldn't boot, charge or show any sign of life whatsoever and suddenly what I have described happened. I remain totally baffled.
    01-07-13 05:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD