so I've got my BIS issues sorted out and, after setting up junk/spam filters out the nose to filter out PR b.s. i get through my work email I set up my work address through BIS.

Everything seems to work fine except for one minor problem....I've sent myself 2 seperate test messages from different email accounts and they almost immediatly show up on my desktop inbox (it runs through an exchange server) but it's taking almost 20 minutes (or more) to show up on my device.

Is this a problem with something on my office's end? or am I missing something??
    07-09-08 10:02 PM
    depends on network conditions. usually it's near instant.
    07-09-08 10:06 PM
    depends on network conditions. usually it's near instant.
    that's what I thought.

I'll check with our I.T. guy tommorow about it...of course, he'll probably tell me to talk to the I.T. guy at our Home Office since he handles the corporate phone setups...but, ****, i'll figure it out eventually I suppose.
    07-09-08 10:09 PM
    There was a maximum of 10 minutes delay between my inbox (outlook) and my blackberry...but sometimes I was receiving them on my BB before seeing them in Outlook.

I think that there is an interval of time where BIS fetches the e-mails from the exchange server....

Is your work e-mail configured through OWA (Outlook Web Access) on BIS ?
    07-09-08 10:10 PM
    that's what I thought.

I'll check with our I.T. guy tommorow about it...of course, he'll probably tell me to talk to the I.T. guy at our Home Office since he handles the corporate phone setups...but, ****, i'll figure it out eventually I suppose.
    i was talking about your mobile network. my bad.
    07-09-08 10:11 PM
    I talked to our main I.T. guy today and...oops! The ONLY way the company wants me to get my email on my phone is through their secure server that works through bEs.

D'oh!

I'm calling him after 6 (I work in radio and i'm slammed with a talk show I produce) to get it all straightened out.

/random update that probably doesn't matter :-\
    07-10-08 04:38 PM
    I talked to our main I.T. guy today and...oops! The ONLY way the company wants me to get my email on my phone is through their secure server that works through bEs.

D'oh!

I'm calling him after 6 (I work in radio and i'm slammed with a talk show I produce) to get it all straightened out.

/random update that probably doesn't matter :-\
    Wow im surprised you got your work email at all. Most IT departments disable the POP and IMAP for work email due to security reasons. My guess is that IMAP was enabled which is why it took so long for the mail to come through. You will like it being set up on the BES its a 2 way push
    07-10-08 04:42 PM
    Yep, I was going to say BES is instant. Using outlook through BIS (outlook web interface) is slow, about 10-15 minutes sometimes. Kind of annoying! Would it be instant if they enable pop3?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-08 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD