My buddy just got an 8330 from someone. He's on Bell. I'm trying to help him setup his email (BIS) but the option does not exist. It will only allow a BES account. Anyone know how to get back that option?

Thanks for the help
    12-15-08 01:38 PM
    I use BIS on my 8330 through Verizon. It could be a Bell issue.
    12-15-08 01:52 PM
    yeah. you might wana check with bell...i have an 8330 with vzw and I have mine set up thru bis....works fine
    12-15-08 01:53 PM
    Could there still be an IT policy on the phone? If so, this thread might help:

On edit: Okay, for some reason today I'm unable to post links to other threads. Just do a forum search for "remove IT policy" and look for the thread of that name started by Pete6. Good luck!
    12-15-08 02:03 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/remo...01/#post819613

There: that's the thread I was talking about.
    12-15-08 02:13 PM
    thanks everyone, i'll pass it along and see if it helps
    12-15-08 02:20 PM
    yeah, could be from an old BES account if it was used.
    Try to re-register with the network. Does it have an "email setup" icon? Not the regular setup icon that removes the languages when you go through it (that only gave me BES, also).
    12-15-08 02:29 PM
    I was thinking of just upgrading his OS, I have a bold and am very familiar with the procedure, was just wondering if it was the same for Bell since there is no SIM card. Anyone know? IE, if I wipe his BB, will it re-register itself on Bell network?
    12-15-08 03:47 PM
    First question is it a Bell phone or is it from a different company.

I have had the same problem use the Jl_cmd posted above to do a full factory reset of the phone and it should do the trick. My phone got a screw service book from telus and it was the only solution i could find. Actually telus was in the process of replacing the phone but I didn't want to give up this pin number so easy. The full reset and resend it service books should do the trick. An os upgrade in all honestly probably won't fix your problem as it backs up the phone and reloads it. Meaning that IT policy would go with it.
    12-15-08 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD