I am unable to speak so please don't direct me to a phone number.

I went on the BB web site on my PC to set up my BIS so I can access my POP3 email. I accepted the agreement and put in all the information nick and pwd and pin and imei. I clicked enter and got a return message something like "Unknown error, unable to complete"

I backed out, rebooted computer and tried again. Now every time I try to enter name and password, it tells me they are wrong. When I ask it to send me the name and password the msg sent to the BB says no name or pwd associated with this account.

So I go back to start over and when I enter all the information to re-register it says the device pin is already associated with another account.

Looks to me like I got partially registered, tying up the pin but without enough access to do anything.

Any ideas?

Please remember I cannot speak, so I can't call anybody.

Michael
    10-12-08 02:59 AM
    Ther is no way to reset your bis account unless you contact someone. Since you can't speak to anyone, try emailing your providers tech support and ask them to reset your bis account. Other option would be to walk into a store and see if someone will help you out with cs. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-08 05:49 AM
    Or can someone call on your behalf?
    10-12-08 07:07 AM
    AT&T has an online support option where they can answer your questions directly from the pc.
    10-12-08 07:07 AM
    I had that same issue, when you first create a BIS username, it randomly assigns you a password, like abc123 or your phone number, try those. The solution for me was to get in touch with AT&T tech support and ask what the password was, they were able to provide me with such and I was on my way. Make sure you have set up a email address for *yourname*@att.blackberry.net

I am unable to speak so please don't direct me to a phone number.

I went on the BB web site on my PC to set up my BIS so I can access my POP3 email. I accepted the agreement and put in all the information nick and pwd and pin and imei. I clicked enter and got a return message something like "Unknown error, unable to complete"

I backed out, rebooted computer and tried again. Now every time I try to enter name and password, it tells me they are wrong. When I ask it to send me the name and password the msg sent to the BB says no name or pwd associated with this account.

So I go back to start over and when I enter all the information to re-register it says the device pin is already associated with another account.

Looks to me like I got partially registered, tying up the pin but without enough access to do anything.

Any ideas?

Please remember I cannot speak, so I can't call anybody.

Michael
    10-12-08 07:25 AM
    I have the same problem and despite multiple calls, emails, etc they have not fixed it. My username is unknown, altho I tried all of my usual's and they say they cannot reset nor send me the username. They stated they would email me my password to my blackberry email account but after three times and great frustration and lost time they have yet to do that.
    10-12-08 10:52 AM
    I have the same problem and despite multiple calls, emails, etc they have not fixed it. My username is unknown, altho I tried all of my usual's and they say they cannot reset nor send me the username. They stated they would email me my password to my blackberry email account but after three times and great frustration and lost time they have yet to do that.
    Thats unusual. I had the same problem when i first got my new BB. I would try calling customer service and speaking to a manager.
    10-12-08 10:56 AM
    Good luck getting ATT customer service to release your PIN! Those people are clueless! After 3 attempts, and no one seemed to be able or willing to help me, I contacted Blackberry directly and had them intervene on my behalf. Once I did this, they call ATT with me on the line, and ATT released the PIN instantly! If you experience problems with dumb service reps at ATT call Blackberry directly @ (877) 255-2377. They get results!
    02-16-09 10:54 PM
    Most new Blackberry users create a Blackberry email address during device setup. "username"@att.blackberry.net or "username"@tmo.blackberry.net
    The part before @ is your username & you should have already selected a password during set up.
    If not, you will have to contact your provider to reset your BIS account. I just did it for 2 BIS accounts and its no big deal.
    02-17-09 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD