Last night I plugged my phone up to our laptop and left it there to charge overnight. When I woke up this morning I picked up my phone and it had this big battery in the middle of a white screen with a blue lightning bolt going across it. I thought that this meant my phone would be charged and ready to use. I had never seen this battery before but I had never charged my phone on the computer before either. I thought it was normal. I unpluggged my curve (pink 8330) and the red LED light came on and stayed on for a while. then it stopped and I saw the white screen with the hourglass for a few seconds. then my screen flashed like it had a short circuit or something and turned off. I removed my memory card and battery and tried a hard reset. when I tried to turn my phone back on the LED light came on, there was the same flash (w/out the hour glass this time) like a short circuit. if I plugged it back in the LED would come on but now absolutely nothing. it's gone....

WHAT DO I DO???!!!
    12-31-08 11:19 AM
    I dont have the pink pearl anymore. I have the verizon pink curve. I just realized that my profile says pearl. forgot to change it. The current phone, the curve is the one with the problem.
    12-31-08 11:23 AM
    How do I recover a dead Blackberry ?
    try this and maybe try a new battery if possible
    12-31-08 11:26 AM
    Would you suggest trying the battery first or is it definitely the case that I nuke my berry? how did this happen. I only wanted to charge my phone!! Thanks for the advice. I will be sure to let you know what happens with it.
    12-31-08 11:53 AM
    Charge your phone with a wall charger and try again . I had that same exact problem, my batt was dead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 12:33 PM
    My wife's blackberry (curve) had the same problem after a few days of use. Took it back to the store and they said it was a bad battery. After they gave her a new battery, she hasn't had that problem since.
    12-31-08 01:36 PM
    The symptoms you describe match a near dead battery.

Inspect the four Gold contacts on the bottom of the battery. If they are not shiny bright, clean them with a pink eraser. Inspect and clean the four contact pins.

Try a wall charger first, if it does not charge correctly you can replace the battery. Take it to your carrier, they will be able to check it and replace it.
    12-31-08 03:37 PM
    My 8310 is going white screen with hourglass periodically then returns to home theme. It shows a fully charged battery. I have removed battery and restarted it but the white screen comes back on for a minute or two still.

Should I get another battery or take it back? I've had BB since October.
    12-31-08 07:48 PM
    Excuse me. I'm so sorry this happened to me, this as well happened to Christmas Eve. I went to charge it and when I woke up I saw the big battery with the blue lighting bolt on it also. The red led light came on also. The phone is now in my drawer and will not come on. I called and ordered for a new one. I ordered it Christmas Eve, and still have not received it.. But if you're still under warranty get a new one.
    12-31-08 07:52 PM
    The Tmo rep said there was NO damage to the phone. No water damage, and tried a new battery nothing would work for me.
    12-31-08 07:53 PM
    Wow! I have this exact same problem to the day 1 year later before christmas. Thanks blackberry!
    12-24-09 09:06 AM
    Same issue here. I'm SO NOT HAPPY!

I pulled out the memory card and now it works, BUT. I think my memory card is corrupt from whatever happened.

Verizon's response is that it's a software issue and I need to wipe my BB completely and reinstall the software. WTF?!!
    12-24-09 07:25 PM
    I have the same problem. I have a Blackberry 8830 (World Edition) last night at the movies my phone ran out of batteries entirely, shut off, as expected. When I plugged it in to the wall charger the battery with the lightning bolt came up as expected, now ill tell you why it was expected. When i bought the phone about 3 days later it ran out of batteries again from over usage, when I took it to the Verizon store they said it was a bad battery, I went to a Batteries Plus and got a replacement battery. Put it in the phone, the phone worked fine. Now back to the present, my phone has now died, again, when I plugged it in the battery symbol with the lightning bolt has come up, I believe my Blackberry is determined to suck the life out of all of my batteries and deem them un-rechargable. Is there any way to fix this problem. I dont want to spend another $40 on a new battery.
    01-09-10 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD