Has anyone been successful in downloading bible software to Blackberry if so what software did you use. I am having trouble downloading varies softwares.
    10-17-07 10:44 AM
    I've been using Olive Tree. The ASV translation is free, however the KJV, NIV, NKJV, etc...does cost around $20. In my experience with Olive Tree, it's worth checking out and deciding if you would like another translation to add down the road. I like Olive Tree. I have a few Bibles and Logos Bible software, so this (Olive Tree) does the job, if I'm not at home and want to read a little until I get to work or back home.
    matt
    10-17-07 12:06 PM
    Let me tell you, mlomeli is right. Olive Tree is the greatest. I have been using it from the dark ages when i was with the palm OS. I made sure that i cross graded to the blackberry version. IT IS JUST GREAT!! Worth it! Think about getting either the KJV or the NIV, they are both worth it.
    10-17-07 08:23 PM
    Thanks for suggesting Olive Tree.... I just bought my first BB (8310) and I can't wait to load the Bible on it. The Olive Tree web site looks like the right place to do it.
    10-17-07 09:19 PM
    Believe me when i say it is, you wont be disappointed.
    10-17-07 11:09 PM
    Olive Tree is what I have and it's great.
    10-18-07 07:08 AM
    Does Olive Tree offer a free trial app? If not, are there any free Bible Reader apps that are almost as good?

Thanks.
    12-02-07 06:46 PM
    Thanks for the info I was just thinking about this myself. Where can I find the olive tree software incase I can't find it through google.
    12-02-07 07:31 PM
    nevermind I found it.
    12-02-07 07:33 PM
    Thanks for the info I was just thinking about this myself. Where can I find the olive tree software incase I can't find it through google.
    BibleReader for BlackBerry - Olive Tree Bible Software

The only free trial (none) or download I could find is the ASV translation...which is far from my favorite. I am going to try it and see how I like it...and if I do, I'll pony up the price for the NKJV or KJV.
    12-02-07 07:36 PM
    I know this isn't a direct answer to the question, but if you didn't know about it already, there's a great website for the bible at: biblegateway dot com
    (can't post URLs since I'm new)

I just set a browser bookmark to that site whenever I need to look up a passage. It's not the same as having it offline, but I've found it to be pretty useful otherwise.
    12-03-07 01:20 AM
    Has anyone tried mobipocket reader beta yet?

I've been thinking about the TNIV version from them. It saves the book to the memory card but I was wondering how it compared to Olive Tree.

Olive Tree seems to require quite a few clicks.
    12-03-07 09:47 AM
    I have to say that, after successfully downloading the Olive Tree free American Standard Version bible and bible reader...I am totally stoked!!

The ASV is not my favorite translation, nor is it one that I most use to study or plan lessons and/or sermons (NKJ and Amplified versions are my choice)...but I have pretty much not put my Curve down for the last two hours reading chapter after chapter, searching for verses and generally giving the reader program a workout. It is so easy to use, easy to search for verses, and so simple and straightforward...I can see that I will be buying other Bible translations from Olive Tree very soon.

In my opinion, every BlackBerry user that is also in ministry, or is simply a Christian that loves the Word of God, should definately have this app on their device. After only a few hours...I can't see myself being without it ever again.
    12-03-07 10:14 PM
    Olive tree is the way to go. I used it on my Palm TX and now on my Curve. I use NKJV and love it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-07 10:32 PM
    I downloaded the free version from OliveTree,but i can't find it on my Curve 8310..Any help is greatly appreciated
    08-25-08 03:28 PM
    I have to say that, after successfully downloading the Olive Tree free American Standard Version bible and bible reader...I am totally stoked!!

The ASV is not my favorite translation, nor is it one that I most use to study or plan lessons and/or sermons (NKJ and Amplified versions are my choice)...but I have pretty much not put my Curve down for the last two hours reading chapter after chapter, searching for verses and generally giving the reader program a workout. It is so easy to use, easy to search for verses, and so simple and straightforward...I can see that I will be buying other Bible translations from Olive Tree very soon.

In my opinion, every BlackBerry user that is also in ministry, or is simply a Christian that loves the Word of God, should definately have this app on their device. After only a few hours...I can't see myself being without it ever again.
    Thanks, you've sold me
    08-25-08 03:34 PM
    They're running a BibleReader beta that allows you to store their bible translations (free and pay) to your micro SD card.

http://www.olivetree.com/blackberry/br4/
    08-25-08 04:58 PM
    I know this post is old, but I have a question...why doesn't Olive Tree offer Commentaries, Dictionaries, etc for Blackberry?

I miss my Pocket E-Sword...it doesn't support Blackberry devices...I've spoken to the creator a few times and I might email him to see when he is going to upgrade the software for Blackberry's.
    09-06-08 06:35 PM
    I've tried olive tree, the thing I didn't like was just the one word search. I long for e-sword also. I have beiks now and like it pretty good, you can at least search for a phrase.

09-06-08 09:41 PM
    I liked OliveTree on my PDA and I loved E-Sword on my T Mobile MDA.

I didn't like Beiks...no commentaries, no ability to highlight text and other capabilities like E-Sword.

I sent Rick Meyers (creator of Pocket/E-Sword). I hope he responds soon. I'm not happy at all with anything I see since none of the support RIM.

PocketBible is like E-Sword, but it doesn't support RIM/Blackberry. I just don't understand any of this. I'm new to Blackberry's, so what gives?

I'm so frustrated!!!!
    09-06-08 10:20 PM
    I couldn't get it to download OTA. Kept saying that the file was too large for my device to open.

09-06-08 11:39 PM
    I want a Bible on my BB.

Why can't they make one I like?
    09-16-08 09:09 PM
    Hi Dizzy.

Blessings to you.

I've used Beiks Noah now for at least 12 months and I carnt make any complaint. Its served me well.

Now, I've not had your experience of those other viewers so I carnt comment regarding comparisons. However in Beiks you can make Notes, so at any particular verse you can input your own note. A little icon appears at the verse so you know you have a comment stored there.

One word of warning though - if you upgrade o/s or even the viewer itself to a newer version, you lose all bookmarks and notes. I think Beiks r working to solve this however (if they havnt already).

Regarding commentaries, of course you are correct, I don't know of any that have this at present. However, until a complete solution presents itself, do not despair - get Beiks, give it another try, and allow the scripture itself to guide you.

If you need clarrification on something pray for further wisdom, it shall be given directly to you without the need for a commentary. It may be the case that by this slight inconvenience the Lord is challenging you to feed yourself more dilligently.

If stuck I sometimes find it useful to re-read a section I have not visited for some time. For example - I've recently been gaining much wisdom, insight and discipline through 1Peter. But there was a tiny bit 'missing' somehow. I then turned to Habbakuk for no other reason than that I've not been there for ages, and I found to my delight the passage on 'the just living by their faith'. It all ties together, but searching is required sometimes. This requires time, and in todays busy life many of us find this itself a challenge. But in the end we know it is worth making that time.

Possibly (I'm not judging) this step you are unconciously missing out by your request for commentaries? I could be very wrong in this assumption however so please forgive in advance if I fall short here.

Nevertheless, I do hope what you request is given unto you and a more advanced version is soon available.

God Bless and take care,

09-16-08 11:09 PM
    Bible for your Curve can't wait to get on and get this for my phone.

GOD IS GOOD!
    Last edited by trees247; 09-17-08 at 12:41 PM.
    09-17-08 06:07 AM
    I downloaded Noah Bible Study right here from a link on Crackberry.
    It has a free trial and I think I paid around $12 for the purchase, don't quote me. They have KJV and ASV you can get both for the same price, either the whole book or just the old or new testament.

The publisher is Beiks and from your Blackberry you can use mobile Beiks. Sorry I cannot post URL's yet.

I downloaded mine directly to the memory card with their free program called "Beiks Public FTP" program. This program allows download to the Blackberry or directly to your memory card. Very happy with it.
    09-17-08 06:27 AM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD