Best way to remove scratches?

DON'T DROP IT! Haha just kidding
    its tough to not drop it lol drinking and texting dont mix
    04-21-08 04:31 AM
    Haha, well if anyone has ever owned an iPod (especially one prior to the most recent models), they'll know about the mp3 players having a front made of plastic that's as soft as warm butter.

A popular scratch-cleaning solution for iPod owners was a product called Applesauce. It came in a two-bottle kit where one bottle was for minor scratches/scuffs, and the other was for more deeper blemishes. I don't know if the BB's screen is plastic like the iPod's......it seems to be of a more durable material. But I'd recommend it.

Other "home-brew" solutions thought up were the silverware cleaner Brasso, and - this is serious, now - toothpaste. As for films for screens, BSE is my choice, and there is also InvisibleShield, which gives you a lifetime warranty and a little bottle of solution to grease up the film with during application, but IS costs up to 3 times more than the BSE, and it's not so hard to install.......

Just downloaded "The Late Greats" by Wilco on my BB
    I don't know about Brasso but I would not recomend the toothpaste(depending on what kind they do more damage than good.)
    04-21-08 04:54 AM
    My pearl is a week old, and I too use the leather case that it came with. I love it! I think it is probably the most protective case you can use since it is completely enclosed (except the very top).

Kami-is there an option to have your bb lock when it goes into the case or does it automatically do it? Currently, I am manually lockig it and unlocking it on the way in and out of the case.
    04-21-08 05:03 AM
    Displex works a charm, but you will need to probably do the whole screen as it does tend to be well abrasive so can tend to remove any coatings currently on the surface eg AR coats etc.

Displex Screen Polish Scratch Remover - Porta-Charge
    04-21-08 11:37 AM
    My pearl is a week old, and I too use the leather case that it came with. I love it! I think it is probably the most protective case you can use since it is completely enclosed (except the very top).

Kami-is there an option to have your bb lock when it goes into the case or does it automatically do it? Currently, I am manually lockig it and unlocking it on the way in and out of the case.
    If you want a very good protective case and are hard on phones look at this web site. We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com and look under phone cases
    04-23-08 04:50 AM
    Invisible Shield Body Armor is the way to go !!! Well worth the investment. But it is kinda-somewhat difficult to install. I had my little bro do it ... hahah
    04-23-08 08:17 AM
    New unit!

Then get Invisible Shield.
    04-23-08 08:59 AM
    well I have a few scratches on the screen of my being im a contractor it happens some times. I used polishing compound that I use on my car to make the paint shine :} but it has taken most all the scratches out that I worked on with it just have to be very careful not to use too much water or compound on it.

But Now it sits in a bodyglove and no new scratches on it :} love the glove
    06-01-09 09:56 PM
    I looked this up, and while I don't believe it can work it's magic on super scratched-up screens like those in the pictures, this product looks interesting. I found it for $4.95 online, so with a price like that, why not give it a shot? I like that it is especially made for screens on cell phones, iPods, PSPs, etc. I hesitate to use products that are for other items as they might be too strong for a BB screen. Thanks for posting!
    Dont use that displex crap on a blackberry somehow it makes the screen look greasy, my friend used it on hers and it looks ugly do a quick search on youtube about that thing
    06-03-09 12:40 PM
    i got seidio case and use clear box tape as screen protector =D works just as well and just as easy to apply (plus VERYYYY cheap to replace)
    06-04-09 01:19 PM
    Try using "Brasso", it's a metal polish that you can purchase at most grocery stores, Walmart, etc. Works like a charm for removing scratches from plastic. Make sure to google the process for in depth instruction.
    02-15-13 06:46 AM
    So I have a soloution on how to remove light scratches,so what you will need is a: microfibre cloth
    Toothpaste-not gel
    A little bit of water.
    So what you do is put a tiny bit of toothpaste on your microfibre cloth.in circular motions spread the toothpaste around. Wait around 5 mintutes for it to dry.wipe of with a damp your damp cloth. And hopefully most scratches will be removed. I tried this and it worked nicely with my light scratches.
    Hope this works for you too!!
    09-07-13 03:13 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD