I browsed through a few threads regarding scratches but didn't seem to find much info. I've noticed that there are a couple of light scratches on my Curve's screen (most likely from it being in my purse which doesn't have a cell phone pocket =[). I was wondering what products you guys have used to remove scratches. I have this iPod scratch remover (I can't think of the name at the moment) but I'm worried it might be too abrasive for the screen. Also, what BB cases or protectors would you recommend to prevent scratches? I have a silicon skin that I got at the AT&T store, but it only covers the back and sides. I'd like something that covers the screen, as well, but that doesn't detract from the look of the BB. I know there are threads linking to skins and shields, but I'd like to hear firsthand what has worked best for you. TIA.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-08 03:55 PM
    I wanna know about this too because I have a few tiny screen scratches..

03-05-08 04:25 PM
    /bump i too have a few scratches that need removal
    03-05-08 04:48 PM
    Well I do not know about removing scratches but I use a ebay case that is clear and covers everything but the screen and it came with a film screen protector that has worked perfectly so far. My bb case is scratched but not my bb :-). Its a hard case btw.

03-05-08 06:05 PM
    I don't know if it will work, but I remember a product that was made to repair scratches in eye glasses. I'm sure a gis would reveal the product.
    03-05-08 06:21 PM
    When I got my curve from the tmobile store they had hard cases that work great I think spek makes it. It covers everything but the buttons and the ball. It was only a few bucks doesn't even look to bad and saved my bb from a lot of abuse.

03-05-08 06:39 PM
    Bestskinsever might help but I recommend the OEM BlackBerry holster.

03-05-08 06:52 PM
    YOU CAN BUY AN OEM OR AFTERMARKET FACE PLASTIC THING TO REPLACE YOUR SCREEN COVER ON eBAY. 5.95 I THINK. ITS ON THERE, YOU HAVE TO LOOK FOR IT.
    03-05-08 07:36 PM
    Bestskins.com the best! Love mine.

03-05-08 07:51 PM
    Mmmm.. are there any solutions out there that work? Like a spray, liquid?
    03-05-08 07:59 PM
    I had a few minor scratches on mine soooooooo I found this on ebay for $10.

Its a replacement glass for the 8320. #380000708153
    03-05-08 10:08 PM
    I actually really love the case that came with my BB. It covers everything but the top of the BB. I have to take the BB out of the case to use it, but it is very protective. I've only had my BB 5 days, but no scratches. I also love that the BB knows when it is in the case and turns its screen off and locks the keypad, then unlocks the keypad when I pull it out. The case is also slim enough that I can keep it in my pocket. I've seen (at Best Buy) that there is also basically the same case made by BB that has a ratchet belt clip.
    03-05-08 10:58 PM
    I have used Meguairs clear plastic cleaner to remove light scratches and then polished it up with Meguiars plastic polish. You can find it at your local auto parts store, boat store or convertible repair shop.
    03-05-08 11:15 PM
    now u got me curios....no scratches yet but i know they comen.... i found this stuff called displex display polish... not sure if i can put the link up for it since it is on another online store but just google it
    03-05-08 11:18 PM
    now u got me curios....no scratches yet but i know they comen.... i found this stuff called displex display polish... not sure if i can put the link up for it since it is on another online store but just google it
    I looked this up, and while I don't believe it can work it's magic on super scratched-up screens like those in the pictures, this product looks interesting. I found it for $4.95 online, so with a price like that, why not give it a shot? I like that it is especially made for screens on cell phones, iPods, PSPs, etc. I hesitate to use products that are for other items as they might be too strong for a BB screen. Thanks for posting!
    03-05-08 11:50 PM
    Only use it on your display screen (Display Polish). According to the directions on the cleaning polish(Got it on ebay), you have to tape any painted or finished area around the screen prior to using or possibly risk having the paint/finish taken off your berry. It may or may not happen, but, I wouldn't risk it.

03-05-08 11:52 PM
    i forgot to mention.... i had a samsung t809 that was scratched up pretty bad... i figured screw it and used meguires scratch x on the screen.... it worked pretty good just dont know how safe it would be for the bb
    03-06-08 03:36 PM
    How would you go about removing scratches from the case?

04-20-08 08:43 PM
    I have a tiny screen scratche too.
    04-20-08 08:56 PM
    No scratches here. I don't know of any solution to remove scratches but anyone who is thinking of getting a BB or have one with a screen still with out scratches it would be wise to invest in a screen protector. I got one from Seidio and its completely unnoticeable. Their pretty inexpensive and easy to apply.
    04-20-08 09:01 PM
    Haha, well if anyone has ever owned an iPod (especially one prior to the most recent models), they'll know about the mp3 players having a front made of plastic that's as soft as warm butter.

A popular scratch-cleaning solution for iPod owners was a product called Applesauce. It came in a two-bottle kit where one bottle was for minor scratches/scuffs, and the other was for more deeper blemishes. I don't know if the BB's screen is plastic like the iPod's......it seems to be of a more durable material. But I'd recommend it.

Other "home-brew" solutions thought up were the silverware cleaner Brasso, and - this is serious, now - toothpaste. As for films for screens, BSE is my choice, and there is also InvisibleShield, which gives you a lifetime warranty and a little bottle of solution to grease up the film with during application, but IS costs up to 3 times more than the BSE, and it's not so hard to install.......

Just downloaded "The Late Greats" by Wilco on my BB
    04-20-08 09:40 PM
    It would be nice if BB screens were made of glass like iPhone's. Glass without a doubt is more scratch resistant than plastic.
    04-20-08 09:58 PM
    clean it and throw an invisible shield over it youll never scratch it again. and you wont see the scratch through the shield. dont fret over it too much though you can get a new shell screen included -$50
    04-20-08 10:04 PM
    Best way to remove scratches?

DON'T DROP IT! Haha just kidding
    04-20-08 10:07 PM
    Today I discovered mytego - they have customizable skins that protect your whole phone. I am ordering mine tonight!
    04-21-08 01:55 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD