Hi there... new to BB but long-time cell user.

I am looking for advice on how to best charge a new battery. I just got my Curve 8310 10 days ago and I've had to charge it twice. The first was the initial charge which I did after running the factory charge down to about 5%. I plugged it in for about 8 hours. The second charge was done in about 2 hours and I removed the phone at that time. I've read in various forums that you almost have to "season" or "train" the battery by providing longer charges, like overnight, for the first 6-7 charges. Is that valid?

At the end of the day, I just want the battery to have a longer service life and last longer with each charge. I've noticed however, that the charge really doesn't last too long. 2-3 days if in full use. Of course, I was trying everything including the GPS and blue tooth so I know I was using more battery doing so. I generally keep it in standby and only really use it for emails and phone calls. Not much surfing or blue tooth but I would like to know my options.

My last phone was a Motorola RAZR V3c and the battery life was horrible on that unit. I just want something that lasts a reasonable amount of time.

So... any suggestions on charging, etc?
    Last edited by stelorone; 11-05-07 at 06:49 PM. Reason: added model
    11-05-07 06:47 PM
    2 - 3 days is normal...
    11-05-07 07:05 PM
    I've never followed that line of thinking when it comes to charging. I charge overnight most times, and during the work day keep it charged via USB to the computer.
    11-05-07 07:09 PM
    I'm pretty much with BassThumpa on this one. If the battery level is low, I will charge overnight. If not, I usually just attach it via USB to the PC at work, or to the laptop if I'm working at home. I haven't had to use it, but I also have a car charger that I can use if necessary. I know that older battery types had to be charged a specific way. However, I've been told that the newer batteries that are being used don't have to be charged in any particular manner.
    11-05-07 07:28 PM
    If its low, charge it!
    I dont have to charge mine at work anymore (not this phone that is) but I know by bedtime I will charge it sometimes depending on the need.
    I have periodically heavy usage I think since I do a lot of texting and messaging.
    I talk on it, check email and I have alerts out the whazoo in my Normal mode, I created one for Work (it doesnt play the 30 second long music tones) and some tones are muted.
    But it so far so good.
    11-05-07 08:58 PM
    speaking of batteries,i didnt notice any discounts on anything is the store here like its supposed to be for all of our phones....
    11-05-07 09:08 PM
    speaking of batteries,i didnt notice any discounts on anything is the store here like its supposed to be for all of our phones....
    11-05-07 09:10 PM
    I am a heavy user, text, IM, bluetooth, emails and music. My old 8300 last me about a day so i had to do like bassthumpa. I now charge while home, a/c adapter overnight, work usb and car charger when on the road.
    11-06-07 04:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD