Can anyone suggest a text message program for the Blackberry Curve that keeps the conversation history? Similiar to the Treo? I'm aware that the current default SMS program does keep history, but it also shows each text in the message list (instead of 1 name with the conversation). Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!
    04-14-08 05:10 PM
    There isn't any third party text message apps for BBs. You can have it include the last few texts sent though. Which it does by default.

You can go to Options > SMS Text, then at the bottom is says Number of Previous Items. You can set this to how many previous text messages you will see when you view a text message.
    Last edited by sunkast; 04-14-08 at 05:30 PM. Reason: added more info
    04-14-08 05:13 PM
    Can anyone suggest a text message program for the Blackberry Curve that keeps the conversation history? Similiar to the Treo? I'm aware that the current default SMS program does keep history, but it also shows each text in the message list (instead of 1 name with the conversation). Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!
    BBMessenger does what you are talking about. Everytime you get a new message it brings the contacts name to the top of your message list and still has the history of the conversation. Convince all your friends to buy BBs and you will be able to organize your messages how you like
    04-14-08 05:22 PM
    When I had my Treo any time I would receive or send a text (SMS) the Treo would list it under the contact person; so that my text list was not a long list of text message after text message, but rather a list of contacts. When you went to that contact it showed every text ever sent back and forth from that contact, like an ongoing conversation with that contact. It was a lot cleaner and made it very easy to find a prior text. Was really surprised when I got the BB curve and it had a messy list in just in chonilogical order.
    04-23-08 11:25 AM
    It does this somewhat... it is kind of an annoyance when it has the long list attached but i just delete them from time to time to keep it cleaned out.
    04-23-08 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD