Hey guys, I was just wondering if any of you had upgraded from the original packaged software to something a bit more robust in terms of "media management".

Now I don't really care about videos or really even pictures. I'm really only interested in the music portion of this.

1 of the reasons I upgraded my phone was to be able to use it as my MP3 player. This does an OK job already, but I'm looking for something ...mainly that has a pre amp function, because volume is my main beef with the blackberry. I'm on the train, and walking the streets of NYC, I need some serious volume, or it will just get killed by background noise.

SO, long story short...what have you downloaded, how much did it cost, and what are the pro's cons of your choice.

Or just point me to a thread that addresses this. I did a search but didn't really turn anything up.

Thanks so much in advance.
    09-29-08 10:54 AM
    Hello beefytee,

Did you know in the Supplied Media Player, Menu> Options, you have Audio Boost & Headset Equalizer + I'm using Motorola S9 Stereo Bluetooth Headset and loving the sound/freedom
    09-29-08 03:10 PM
    Hello beefytee,

Did you know in the Supplied Media Player, Menu> Options, you have Audio Boost & Headset Equalizer + I'm using Motorola S9 Stereo Bluetooth Headset and loving the sound/freedom
    yeah, thanks I already have all of that cranked up all the way. I'm getting new headphones which will hopefully help, but in the meantime I d'loaded mp3gain and cranked it up.

I live in NYC and the subways/street noises are VERY loud. Hopefully with wome IEM's I can bring the gain back down, because that program definitely messes with the quality.
    10-01-08 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD